Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
amfl85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Favorite dog breed

What is your favorite dog breed and why??? Just wondering everyone's opinion. I have always wanted a retired greyhound. They seem to have such gentle grateful souls.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
natnatc
Registered Users
seller

Re: Favorite dog breed

I have always had labs and adore them. However they can be high energy!! I think our next dog might be a lab/golden retriever or similar mix. We prefer adopting so they aren't usually purebred but so sweet.
natnatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller

Labrador retriever. My husband who has had other breeds said "you don't really know love until you've been loved by a lab" after we got our black lab. I will never be without a lab in my life.
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
EmmiHill
Registered Users

I love plott hounds! They are very uncommon so I think that's cool but they are awesome family dogs and great with children.
EmmiHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Newfoundland! The perfect michigan dog, not so much in south Texas... They are so sweet and gentle and just lovelovelove. I do wish they didn't drool, though.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Mutt. I've had a Boston Terrier, Papillon, Poodle, Beagle and mutts. The mutts were the best.

My first mutt was a Lhasa Apsa/Poodle mix. He was the ugliest dog on four legs, but he was incredibly charming and he adored me. He used to smile. It cracked me up!

Our current mutt is a German Shepherd/Chow/Akita mix. She is brilliant and obedient, remarkably good natured and the type of dog that would take a bullet for you.

Greyhounds are beautiful and graceful dogs. Most have lovely temperaments. My BFF had one and I've met a lot working for the vet. Since they're sight hounds, they will run and run, so it's essential to have a fenced yard. Retired racers have limited life experience and learning to climb stairs can turn into quite an ordeal. Their skeleton is ill adapted for sitting. They typically either stand or lay down.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lab. The family I babysat for growing up had one and she was the most patient gentle dog ever. We have an almost 9 year old lab and I lover her. She is amazing with the kids. So kind and gentle and loving.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our favorite is boxer. We have an 11 year old boxer, she lives to please us. She is super obedient and loves to be around us. She has always been super tolerant of our kids and as babies they climbed all over her. They are full of energy as puppies but they mellow out and are awesome dogs!
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #9
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambieone View Post
Our favorite is boxer. We have an 11 year old boxer, she lives to please us. She is super obedient and loves to be around us. She has always been super tolerant of our kids and as babies they climbed all over her. They are full of energy as puppies but they mellow out and are awesome dogs!
Yep this! We have a boxer as well and she is the most tolerant dog I've ever been around. She is our 5th boxer, we love them! We also inherited a bullmastiff. And while I do love him, his drool is repulsive. He has to be outside when we start to get his food ready, or get a treat out, etc. His water bowl is also outside, b/c the puddle of slime around it is gross. His slime is much like slug slime, it sticks to everything and can be hard to wash off.

If I was able to embed a video, I could show you his normal eating drool. One of the girls at work didn't believe me about his drooling, so I took a video of him. It quite literally pours out of his mouth like a faucet the entire time we are making his food up.
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #10
nellycakes80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol, that cracks me up about ur mastiff!

We have 2 sibes (siberian huskies) and I love them! I don't think I'll ever want a different breed. They love people and are super friendly. I think they're like cats kinda because they are independent and have a mind of their own.. they listen all the time but sometimes it can take a minute. They are stubborn though so if anyone is thinking about getting one do your research the do require a bit of effort/patience.

Sent from my SGH-M919