Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
Nikki_Nikk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Losing hope for my VBAC...

EEk! I hope my guy doesn't decide to be fashionably late. My hospital claims to be "VBAC friendly", but they're sure not acting like it.

What can we do though right? Lets just toast to healthy babies!

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope that things go the way you want them too! I too was told that I shouldn't be induced for my VBA2C due to a higher increase in rupture. I hope you go into labor and have a successfull VBAC!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #13
LydiaJW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a birth doula, and I just helped with a VBAC. They also wouldn't induce, and she went 4 days after her duedate. They did, however, strip her membranes. I would ask, it can't hurt! Also try some red raspberry leaf tea. :hug:
Mama to 3, expecting #4 Peculiar Knits coming in 2009 to a HC near you!
Open for yy/mn customs - get those shorties going for spring!
LydiaJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

My MW told me if I go over that she'd have me have lots and lots of sex. The sperm has something in them that starts w/ a P OK seriously go have sex! Do it about 3x's a day!! Send labor vibes your way
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #15
totallymymakings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: Losing hope for my VBAC...

They won't do anything to help me along...Unitl I'm forsure in labor...it's harder here in Michigan. VBAC's are not a popular route.

I soo feel for you Momma Syd was my forced C Sections. I went into labor with her on my own when I got to the hosp I was dliated to 6 and since most MI docs wont do a VBAC I was forced by my OB's back up into a secion.

That is why with Gavin I went with a GREAT Midwife and I got my VBA2C's on the 12th of dec

Have you tried to natural induce youself?? Like some EPO?? Walking, sex?? Hugs I wish your doc would help you out more
Old 01-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
motherculture
Registered Users
seller

hI,
I am so sorry you feel like you don't have the right to follow your body. Really they shouldn't even be sticking thier fingers inside you that is a violation. Not being dialated or being 3 centimeters makes no difference. When your body is ready the cascade of horomones will open you. Just believe and follow your intuition.
I Iould request for 5 days over for sure there is no proof they could find to show you that would prove going 1 week over is in the least bit harmful. Induction is harmful and surgery is harmful but being pregnant without pressure is what you need most of all. I would demand they show you some research that supports thier fear of being over dates. Birth is huge and your body needs to open when ready.
motherculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey, how about an evening primrose oil suppository? It will help your cervix begin to efface.
Are you beginning to efface yet? What position is your cervix in? Has the baby engaged yet? Don't put so much stock in dilation...it's only part of the equation and it can happen very quickly once labor starts.
I would also recommend a long walk and some fun in the sack - fun for both of you, kwim?
So if you're baby isn't born early, your doc wants to cut? My suggestion would be to have "car trouble" on Friday and reschedule for Monday.
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #18
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

They won't let you go until 41 weeks? I would definitely try the evening primrose oil.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #19
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Ohhhhhhh I wouldn't do cervadil for any induction let alone a VBAC induction , it alone can cause uterine rupture and uterine hyperstimulation , then couple that with a VBAC !

Anyhoo , some things you could try to get your cervix going , go get some EPO , insert them ( about 2500 to 3000 mg's ) into your vagina before bed getting them as close to your cervix as you can , you don't have much time till your section date but it's worth a try . Sex , prop your butt up with some pillows after to keep the sperm close to your cervix for at least a half hour .

To try and start some contractions that in turn could help you dilate , sex with orgasm , nipple stimulation ( rub the areola in a gentle rolling way with palm or fingers for about 5 minutes , one breast at a time every 15 minutes for an hour ) . Acupressure I'll put a link for this at the bottom of this post .

As for your doctor , you could ask that they try stripping your membranes , a form of induction you could try is a Foley catheter , it's a balloon the insert into your cervix and it slowly inflates to dilate you , if something like that were to work to get you dilating then you could if nothing else try breaking your waters to try and get contracting .

Acupressure link
http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/pressure_points_to_induce_labor

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #20
Nicki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of good suggestions, I ordered some EPO from birthwithsol.com and still haven't received it 20 days later...guess it's time for hubby to do his part. heehee
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote