Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: to circ or not to circ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
We both know too many older men who weren't and had to be later because of health problems.
Nobody wants their child to go through unnecessary pain and all parents would like to avoid future health problems if we could. However, the foreskin is THE ONLY healthy, functional body part we remove to avoid future problems. We don't take out babies' appendixes or tonsils to avoid the small chance they may have problems with them later in life. We take them out when there's a problem and only when there's a problem.

And I think Galatea is right on when she points out our culture doesn't value the foreskin. A hundred+ years ago in the U.S., circumcision was encouraged in infants because doctors KNEW that it desensitized the penis, which they assumed would discourage masturbation. (it didn't) I find the anatomy and function of the foreskin to be fascinating. It's job is to protect the penis. The penis was never meant to be an external organ. Removing it causes the penile skin to thicken as it touches clothes all day, which causes loss of sensitivity. Also, the role the the foreskin plays during intercourse is beneficial to both the man and woman. When you talk about the risks of circumcision, there's a 100% chance a child will suffer from loss of penile sensitivity. To me that is the biggest reason I've chosen to leave my sons intact. Their foreskins have a purpose! And there is only a very small chance they ever have a problem with it!

Last edited by DesertRat; 12-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote