Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #191
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: March chatter

Well she is hoping my water will break right at the onset so I can call her without waiting around to figure out whether I'm in labor. If by contractions, anything consistent with increasing intensity, or anything 5 minutes apart or less for an hour. It's true every labor is different for sure so I may not go fast once I reach that point, I just want to be as prepared as possible. We do have 911/first responders but their response time would be similar to driving to the small hospital. Small town life.

I hope court goes well Theresa. It would be hard to completely say he's unfit, but on the other hand it seems like he goes in spurts of making such poor, unreasonable choices. I'm sure it would be easier if they would appoint you. We will be praying for J. I hate to hear that he's struggling. The mind can be such a powerful trap and the devil so cunningly deceitful.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #192
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Well she is hoping my water will break right at the onset so I can call her without waiting around to figure out whether I'm in labor. If by contractions, anything consistent with increasing intensity, or anything 5 minutes apart or less for an hour. It's true every labor is different for sure so I may not go fast once I reach that point, I just want to be as prepared as possible. We do have 911/first responders but their response time would be similar to driving to the small hospital. Small town life.

I hope court goes well Theresa. It would be hard to completely say he's unfit, but on the other hand it seems like he goes in spurts of making such poor, unreasonable choices. I'm sure it would be easier if they would appoint you. We will be praying for J. I hate to hear that he's struggling. The mind can be such a powerful trap and the devil so cunningly deceitful.

Any progress?
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:15 AM   #193
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Any progress?
Nothing new. I didn't even have to stay up timing contractions last night. I had some, but far enough apart not to worry about. She said it's *possible* to walk around like this for a few weeks but not likely. She said she would be surprised if we don't have baby before our next appointment (which is Wednesday).

The big kids are doing a science experiment right now that involves chewing up and spitting out crackers. I hope the littles don't watch too close lol.

How are you feeling now Chirpy?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #194
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Nothing new. I didn't even have to stay up timing contractions last night. I had some, but far enough apart not to worry about. She said it's *possible* to walk around like this for a few weeks but not likely. She said she would be surprised if we don't have baby before our next appointment (which is Wednesday).

The big kids are doing a science experiment right now that involves chewing up and spitting out crackers. I hope the littles don't watch too close lol.

How are you feeling now Chirpy?

Well I just read that about the frackers and nearly had to run to the bathroom. GAG!!!!

I am still very queasy but it has downgraded some.

I can't breathe because I'm so stuffy. But what else is new?

I can't wait to see if you have a boy or girl!
Old 03-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #195
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, excited to see boy or girl! Praying all goes smoothly.

Ugh, the stuffy. Doesn't help with the nausea.

The littles watching the crackers would be awful here. Today my 8 month old said "dog dog" imitating the kids. Cute? Not really--6 yo overheard me reading 10 yo a Lewis and Clark book last week and latched on to the song about eating dogs with the natives so now 6, 8, 5, and 3 yo's are running around belting out "dog, dog, savory dog, another helping of succulent dog." Really hoping the neighbors don't hear it. But the cracker scenario would be infinitely worse.

Glad your dad is doing better ML! You must be exhausted.

We do whole wheat mostly. Buy the wheat berries and grind it fresh. The Amish store only carries it as ground flour, but we have a plain food co-op that you don't have to join, just anybody can shop there and they buy bulk and break it up like the Amish store, but you can ask them to order what you want and buy the bulk bag for 10% less. You might look into Einkorn flour.

It was warm yesterday, so now bikes are out, rubber boots are out, snow boots are out, skis/boots and sleds are still out, it's so much STUFF on the porch it drives me nuts. I decided next year I'll make them put away all the sleds/skis before they can get out bikes, but now it looks like we're getting another 10" of snow so I give up. DD had a reaction to wet rubber boots on bare legs. Earlier this winter she had one where there is elastic on the cuff of her mittens when wet. Not excited about that.

Purim fun today.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #196
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

1:20am and you are on my mind Jen.

Prayers.

Maybe you are getting some good rest. Maybe you are snuggling a sweet baby!
Tshebby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #197
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

None of my rest is that great at this point but I was sleeping. No baby yet. My sporadic contractions are a little stronger than they were but I hope they don't do much until actual labor! I told DH I am a little worried I'm going to just keep on like this and dilating slowly and then it's going to be time to push without any real labor. I'd like to get through today first at least--it's the last performance of the play and will be a long day. They are doing cast and crew pictures before the play and a small party afterwards.

Cathy--I feel that way this time of year too--so much stuff!! And it's hard to contain it out put anything away because the weather is unpredictable this time of year.
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #198
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the update Jen! You pop into my head throughout the day and I always wonder if it is time!

Cathy, I completely didn't even think to respond as that is how it is here year round it seems! Managing the stuff is so hard.
Old Today, 07:01 PM   #199
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

So I picked up a new (to me) vehicle today. It's a Toyota Sequoia. I'm crazy about it. I've wanted one for a while.
Old Today, 09:57 PM   #200
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
So I picked up a new (to me) vehicle today. It's a Toyota Sequoia. I'm crazy about it. I've wanted one for a while.

Ooh fun! What is your fav about it?

I still really need a bigger vehicle, but we got a new tractor instead. Oh well. My car works well, it is just way too small for us. I would take the truck but it is obviously not a good manager of fuel hehe.