Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #91
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Imagine Bamboo vs Blueberry Bamboo (re:flats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max'smamma View Post
Well, my official vote is Imagines. If blueberry's are a 10 in softness, these are 9.75, and my DR larges are a 5.

Softness: almost the same
absorbancy: same
sizing: Imagines are a little larger
edging: See below.

I just received replacements for the my original ones that had issues, and here's a picture of those replacements after one wash (and no dry...they're still wet. I won't dare put these in the dryer now).

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd111/heathernhunt/photobucket-6562-1356854741787.jpg[/]
So, I guess I'll be contacting them again. Thankfully, their customer service is outstanding, but doing this yet again is taking up more time than I paid for, I think.
Oh, wow.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #92
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post

The ones pictured above WERE her replacements.. Obviously they're not really on top of things!

Are your blueberries really absorbent? I've only tried cotton flats, I'm excited to see how the bamboo ones do. I never thought cotton flats were that absorbent. When I snappi I always have to double them.
Wow! Yeah I was worried my replacements would do the same thing. Thankfully not!!
They are more absorbent than all cotton flats, but not as absorbent as all bamboo. I think its a nice medium and they are still soft and nice. Although GMD flats are pretty amazing.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #93
MamaWeeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I tested my DR small and imagine bamboo last night by just pouring a cup of water on them, the bamboo is definitely more absorbent, obviously the imagine bamboo flat was bigger than the DR small, but I compensated by pouring more water on that one.
The disappointing thing for me was that they were not any softer than my cotton one, maybe just meed more washing, I prepped it in a pot with dawn followed by a wash with Ecos free and clear and 2 rinse cycles.
I was also surprised by the drying time, I line dried them on a rack after the test, the cotton was the first one to dry and it dried noticeably softer too. Again, it might change after a few more washes.
To be honest, so far I wasn't that impressed given the price difference. Hopefully my opinion will change once I get to use them for a while.

P.s. I also think the DR smalls are more suitable for newborn, the imagine will work nicely for older toddlers.
MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #94
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWeeks
I tested my DR small and imagine bamboo last night by just pouring a cup of water on them, the bamboo is definitely more absorbent, obviously the imagine bamboo flat was bigger than the DR small, but I compensated by pouring more water on that one.
The disappointing thing for me was that they were not any softer than my cotton one, maybe just meed more washing, I prepped it in a pot with dawn followed by a wash with Ecos free and clear and 2 rinse cycles.
I was also surprised by the drying time, I line dried them on a rack after the test, the cotton was the first one to dry and it dried noticeably softer too. Again, it might change after a few more washes.
To be honest, so far I wasn't that impressed given the price difference. Hopefully my opinion will change once I get to use them for a while.

P.s. I also think the DR smalls are more suitable for newborn, the imagine will work nicely for older toddlers.
I really like the versatility of my cotton flats. They are cute snappied, they work as inserts. Theyre great, even though i hate folding. But the asborbancy alone sucks. My daughter can wet an entire flat in one pee. Tonight dh put a bg4.0 on her. It was stuffed with a thirsties hemp pf. Sz 2. It was covered with a kissaluvs wool soaker. She peed thru all of it. Onto the jammies, onto the bedding. She had been in it maybe 4hrs tops. Idk if im dealing with some kind of pee-crazy freak child or what lol but the cotton ones just dont cut it. I am so curious how these would compare to a hemp prefold or a flip organic insert.

I liked your honest review. Thanks! I am excited to hear more reviews
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #95
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWeeks View Post

Your cottons were softer? My DR larges feel like sandpaper compared to the Imagines. I have to wonder if it has something to do with my water hard/softness or if I perhaps have a build up in my DRs or something; however, they have always felt this way. I bought them after I read a lot of people raving over their softness, and after prepping, I wasn't impressed. I've only been using them for about 3 months maybe. My Imagines feel like marshmallows.
max'smamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #96
MamaWeeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by max'smamma

Your cottons were softer? My DR larges feel like sandpaper compared to the Imagines. I have to wonder if it has something to do with my water hard/softness or if I perhaps have a build up in my DRs or something; however, they have always felt this way. I bought them after I read a lot of people raving over their softness, and after prepping, I wasn't impressed. I've only been using them for about 3 months maybe. My Imagines feel like marshmallows.
That is strange, I wonder if I just haven't propped them enough. I have some imagine bamboo prefolds and they do indeed feel like marshmellows, but these flats feel so different I had to double check the tag to make sure they didn't send the wrong one.
I'll prep them some more when my blueberry bamboo flats come in and report back.
MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #97
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

one mama says the imagine bamboo would not be good for a newborn. what does everyone else think?
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #98
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathplyr View Post
one mama says the imagine bamboo would not be good for a newborn. what does everyone else think?
I agree. Too much diaper for a newborn, IMO. Prepped, mine measures approx. 27x30, which would just be too bulky, I think. If you're wanting to do a newborn with flats, I'd recommend Diaper Rite small, GMD small or osocozy.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #99
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I dont think any 30x30 flat would be good for a newborn but thats jmo.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #100
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This whole thread and no pictures of the squishy imagine bamboo flats on a baby?