Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #81
MamaWeeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum
Would the Imagine ones fit in the smallest setting of a flip when padfolded?
It can be folded to fit, just a b by up bulkier than in the medium or large setting.

Advertisement

MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #82
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Imagine Bamboo vs Blueberry Bamboo (re:flats)

Well, my official vote is Imagines. If blueberry's are a 10 in softness, these are 9.75, and my DR larges are a 5.

Softness: almost the same
absorbancy: same
sizing: Imagines are a little larger
edging: See below.

I just received replacements for the my original ones that had issues, and here's a picture of those replacements after one wash (and no dry...they're still wet. I won't dare put these in the dryer now).

So, I guess I'll be contacting them again. Thankfully, their customer service is outstanding, but doing this yet again is taking up more time than I paid for, I think.
max'smamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #83
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by max'smamma
Well, my official vote is Imagines. If blueberry's are a 10 in softness, these are 9.75, and my DR larges are a 5.

Softness: almost the same
absorbancy: same
sizing: Imagines are a little larger
edging: See below.

I just received replacements for the my original ones that had issues, and here's a picture of those replacements after one wash (and no dry...they're still wet. I won't dare put these in the dryer now).

So, I guess I'll be contacting them again. Thankfully, their customer service is outstanding, but doing this yet again is taking up more time than I paid for, I think.
Gah!!! Wow!! I never imagined they would be that bad. Is the material as such that if you just cut off th

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #84
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive

Gah!!! Wow!! I never imagined they would be that bad. Is the material as such that if you just cut off th
Oops.

If you just cut off that frayed serging will the bamboo fray badly? Or is it more like fleece or t-shirt and it might be still usable? That really sucks. I'd definitely be frustrated. I love the trimness of a serged edge but not if they will be unusable!! Yikes.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #85
MamaWeeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive

Oops.

If you just cut off that frayed serging will the bamboo fray badly? Or is it more like fleece or t-shirt and it might be still usable? That really sucks. I'd definitely be frustrated. I love the trimness of a serged edge but not if they will be unusable!! Yikes.
Pretty sure they will fray if you cut them.

That really stinks! I'd expect more from blueberry...
MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #86
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, the fabric frays. quickly.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #87
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yikes!! That's SOOO bad. I think they need to completely refund anyone who bought these, take them of the shelves and make hemmed ones. Apparently there wasn't a very rigorous testing period with these.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #88
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have 18 blueberry flats . The first 12 were perfect, no issues. The last 6 were all frayed after one wash. Blueberry replaced them immediately though. They are great flats. I've been using them for over a month, maybe two.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #89
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
I have 18 blueberry flats . The first 12 were perfect, no issues. The last 6 were all frayed after one wash. Blueberry replaced them immediately though. They are great flats. I've been using them for over a month, maybe two.
The ones pictured above WERE her replacements.. Obviously they're not really on top of things!

Are your blueberries really absorbent? I've only tried cotton flats, I'm excited to see how the bamboo ones do. I never thought cotton flats were that absorbent. When I snappi I always have to double them.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #90
max'smamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
The ones pictured above WERE her replacements.. Obviously they're not really on top of things!

Are your blueberries really absorbent? I've only tried cotton flats, I'm excited to see how the bamboo ones do. I never thought cotton flats were that absorbent. When I snappi I always have to double them.
Yeah, this. So I guess I'm going to try to get a refund because we can't keep doing this song and dance. I looked over the replacements fresh out of the package, and the serging looked just perfect...but then they got washed, resulting in what you see in the pic.

I think the bamboo's (both BBs and Imagine) are more absorbant than my DR large cottons...however, I've never had to double up.

Curious to hear your review when you receive yours!