Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: feeling a little sad

Look at her when she's sleeping. My dd still has that very thin baby skin around her eyes and she still sometimes does that baby sucking thing when she's sleeping and she just looks so small still. It is sad, though, that they grow up so quickly.

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinne
Look at her when she's sleeping. My dd still has that very thin baby skin around her eyes and she still sometimes does that baby sucking thing when she's sleeping and she just looks so small still. It is sad, though, that they grow up so quickly.
See, that's the funny thing... DD actually looks older to me, when she's sleeping. She's a very active and VERY chatty kid, so when she's quiet it's weird, lol. And she looks so LONG laying there with her feet hanging out of the blanket, and her calves are super tanned and covered with mosquito bites (go ahead and judge), and she kisses me and just ROLLS OVER?!?! This is the baby that wouldn't sleep unless held? Omg.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

It's the opposite for me! DD is coming up on 2.5 and everyone says "look at her, she's not a baby anymore!" I think they're crazy She is still all baby to me!

I'm probably just in denial...
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Not only do I have feel she same way about my first, she's a Scarlet too! Mine is almost five (in December, wow!) and it seems like forever since we brought her home.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #15
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
It's the opposite for me! DD is coming up on 2.5 and everyone says "look at her, she's not a baby anymore!" I think they're crazy She is still all baby to me!

I'm probably just in denial...
Same here! My younger son will be 3 in November, but he still seems like such a baby to me. Part of it could be because he's speech-delayed and talks more like an 18- to 24-month-old, and part of it is that he still has the chubby cheeks and elbow dimples and an overall baby look. I do get glimpses of "big boy" sometimes, though, and it makes me a little sad.