Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #101
littlemisses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin

Ok I figured out what I am going to do

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #102
littlemisses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
Too cute. Too small for us but I think they are as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #103
Julie K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Monica, I popped the phone in the mail today. I couldn't find my bubble wrap, so I had to improvise

Last edited by Julie K; 02-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Julie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #104
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love that orca shorties. Id so get them if they were stocked ohhhhh 3 weeks from now. Mena just loves orcas and would get a kick out of Saedie sporting a killer whale on her butt.
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #105
~LiLaC~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lots of yummy yarn on spots right now!

http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?category=7
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #106
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone better snag that Aiden.
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #107
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am hoping that is what my roving looks like here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusmama View Post
I am totally knitting for reals and you can clearly see that it's turning into something!
I am on my 3rd gusset row of a pair of longies
Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #108
gracecody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1sarena View Post
I dont remember who was struggling with short rows, but there is a great tutorial here:
http://sameknit.blogspot.com/2007/04/yarn-over-short-rows.html
That's the sheepy pants tutorial. It helped me get started but I got frustrated that I couldn't see exactly what was going on with the yarn in many of the pics. Orange yarn/orange needles and bizarre lighting -- Amber had posted this one, which is much the same (maybe exactly the same) and the pics are MUCH clearer: http://www.cocoknits.com/info/tutorials/shortrows.html
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #109
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
It does look a little strange, but you can't really tell until your lo tries it on

Question on my skirty. Here's a poorly lit/flash pic of where I am so far...

How long to you guys usually make your skirt portion? I was looking through projects on ravelry and just can't decide. And do you think I should trim the skirt in the brown yarn for a few rows? I was thinking that might "bring in" the brown a bit more.
It's turning out so girly I can't wait to see dd in it. I never dress her in skirts! She has a few hanna dresses, but she wears the pants under them and they're not super girly.

On a side note, this project made me remember how much I HATE my denise needles. Ugh. I'm constantly having to move the bunched up stitches around the needles.
I personally don't like to start my skirty right at the hip, I think it looks funny. I start them more towards the waist.. I usually knit the skirt to the crotch and then add 2" for the edging of it. I just sent off my munki skirty or i would of measured the skirty part but I can guessimate. it hit Matthew right above his knees. so 4-5" from the start of the skirty to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwell View Post

Good Morning ladies. Big birthday weekend here and lots of company. My biggest big boy turns 9 today WOW!!!! 9 years ago at this moment I was en route to the hospital in full blown labor....for my very first time. *sigh* where does the time go? It was a super fun weekend though
Happy Birthday Gabe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
Good morning ladies!!

I have had the flu all weekend. So I probably missed A LOT!

DH is still home w/ us today--working from home to help a little--I'm still feeling pretty bad but I think mostly it's just getting my strength back and getting ride of my headache at this point.

I knit one sock for my mom and I also got almost through the body of the RK LS longies...

Gotta jet b/c DH needs the computer.

I'll be back later! Hopefully w/ some pictures.
Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica View Post
Lisa, I am a brand new knitter, but I already know that I despise my Denise set. The lady at my LYS talked me into getting it since she was out of the needles I needed. I have a project just sitting on the needles, and I don't want to work on it because the stitches just like to catch on the transfer. Booo.

Anyway... I am placing an order in a coop, and I haven't tried enough yarn to know what I like. I have a 6 month old that is thinking about crawling. Should I go with Gaia, Corriedale, or Canadian or Bulky BFL? The colorways I want are shown on Marr Haven and Cestari Fine so I am not sure how they will look on the different yarn bases. Please help! If it matters, I live in Texas (hot) and these will be capris/shorties.
I love mine.. When I first got them I didn't but over time I went back to them and now I love them.. so it's a love/hate relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson924 View Post

morning ladies! all the WIPs look great! plath, i LOVE the colors in your skirty!!

here's what i'm working on. it's the first time i've carried yarn down to alternate rows. if i didn't do that with this particular project, the colors were matching up PERFECTLY. talk about serious pooling!!!

i've got an OT question for you guys:

my DD is 15 months old. if we put her down to bed at 7/7:30 she sleeps until about 8. but if we put her down about 8/8:30 she sleeps until 10! is that okaY!? i mean, on the one hand, never wake a sleeping baby! but on the other, it's a little disconcerting!
Let her sleep. Some kids need sleep some do not. My dd can go to bed at 10am and be up at 6am fresh rip roaring to go.. drives me insane!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #110
Julie K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Someone better snag that Aiden.
I've always wanted some of that...my pp was supposed to be for Oyster Rock tomorrow though, not that I'd get it...hmmm what to do...what to do...

I feel like I *need* Aiden, love the colorway AND the name
Julie K is offline   Reply With Quote