Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
AngelW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those that include Santa...

This thread has given me a lot to think about. My son is going to be 10 months old on Christmas and we have not decided which things are from Santa and which aren't. There are so few things anyhow.. Hrm. I WISH we had a dollar store in my town! It went out of business last year.

Advertisement

Mommy to Nicholas Ryan
Born 02-22-07
AngelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #12
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest is 4 as well and I think he is already starting to get away from the Santa thing. Hes noticed that there is more than 1 and every Santa looks different (movies, Salvation Army, Mall) so we have had to tell him that they are Santa's helpers because Santa cant be everywhere he needs to be.

And DD right now is too little to get the whole Santa thing sooo....... This year we are doing half and half for both kids. The things that he has been really consistant about wanting are from Santa and the rest from us.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #13
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest is 7 and still into the Santa thing. We normally have the big presents and stocking stuffers from Santa and some very special ones from us. I do have dd keep her wish list to 5 toys though so it doesn't get kinda crazy and then the extra presents are always a nice surprise!!!
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #14
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is a bit off topic. Sorry
We wrap all of santa's gifts in the same paper, so that it does not look like the gifts from us, and we write who the gift is for in per. marker instead of tags.

My oldest is only 7, but so far has not figured it out.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #15
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelW View Post
This thread has given me a lot to think about. My son is going to be 10 months old on Christmas and we have not decided which things are from Santa and which aren't. There are so few things anyhow.. Hrm. I WISH we had a dollar store in my town! It went out of business last year.
Walmart & Kmart also have some inexpensive things like the Dollar Tree. Target has some 'dollar bins" as you first walk in the store too.

I wouldn't stress as your little one is only 10 months old, so he won't remember next year what you did this year so if you change your mind you can do it. Just have fun! Last year Gage was just as excited about the wrapping paper as he was the presents. He did LOVE his Tonka truck though.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #16
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo41099 View Post
This is a bit off topic. Sorry
We wrap all of santa's gifts in the same paper, so that it does not look like the gifts from us, and we write who the gift is for in per. marker instead of tags.

My oldest is only 7, but so far has not figured it out.
I agree! we started the same thing last year. I remember my parents always mentioning how neat it was that Santa had the same wrapping paper they did - it didn't help.

Dh and I decided to do the stuff DS has asked for over and over to be from Santa and most everything else (a few toys, books, and the unfun stuff like underwear) is from us. Stocking fillers are also from Santa. The girls are still too young, but I will have to make the big discovery block toy I got for them from us because DS saw it a couple of months ago (and the kid has a photographic memory or something!).
Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #17
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, my oldest has high functioning autism. He just doesn't really get Santa, I think maybe this year he might be able to understand (he's four).

We haven't really stressed Santa too much. I do know that some of my friends have Santa bring on gift and then their child only gets three other gifts representing the three gifts that the wise men brought Christ. Of course that wouldn't apply if you aren't Christian. I like this idea and I think we are going to be keeping it more simple from now. While we have money to spend on lots of things, I don't want my kids thinking they can have whatever they want.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #18
Roseplummer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Santa brings everything except a present from mommy and daddy a present from the siblings (all together not each ,Ayla and Rowan to Abigail, Abigail and Rowan to Ayla, Ayla and Abigail to Rowan) and until now a present from our turtles . Usually the gifts to each other and from the turtles was a dollar store gift. I feel it helps them understand the meaning of giving by going and getting excited about picking out each others gifts.

We had Santa presents unwrapped Hubby had Santa presents wrapped so now we kinda do half and half.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #19
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

My family always did one big gift from Santa .. unwrapped and stockings .. that is what we do , last year he got a leapfrog table and stocking stuff .. not 100% what we are getting him this year from Santa
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #20
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we only get the kids 2 gifts, one from us and one from santa plus their stalkings, they seem happy
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote