Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #21
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those that include Santa...

At our house Santa brings each child one unwrapped gift and stockings. Santa usually brings something that the kids want that I wouldn't necessarily buy for them. For example, I'm not really into the Barbie movies and the dolls and toys that go with them but DD1 LOVES them. A couple of years ago Santa brought Pegasus and the Barbie that went with it. This year Santa is bringing a toy to go with the Island Princess Barbie she has. Sometimes the gifts are bigger and sometimes they are smaller and the kids don't really seem to care/notice.

Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #22
BlsdMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a big thing about Christmas NOT being about Santa. DH doesn't want to cut it out. We compromised. Santa is still a part of our Christmas but a very small part.

We get the gifts. Santa stuffs the stockings! We buy what they ask for (3 gifts + swaddling clothes, just like Jesus got.) Santa stuffs the stocking with all the stuff I WON'T buy all year long - bubble bath, fuzzy socks, lip balms, fizzies for the tub, stickers, et cetera. And an orange in the toe of course!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #23
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

usually 1-2 santa things and stocking and usually it is one of the most expensive gifts or the item she wanted the most.

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 AM   #24
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get my lo's one present from Santa, and set it up Christmas Eve. Santa doesn't wrap...lol.
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #25
krickison
Registered Users
seller

When I was a kid we got our stockings from Santa and one big gift each. We are going to carry on this tradition with our children too. This year our DD is only going to be 4 months so it doesnt really matter. Our big gift was never wrapped because Santa didnt have time with all of the gifts he had to deliver, it makes it easier on the parents to not have to buy special paper and tags.
krickison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #26
happy2bhome
Registered Users

Santa brings one present for each of us (including dh & I). I let the dks each choose a small gift for each other. The rest are from dh & I. (well, except for presents from grandparents... )
happy2bhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #27
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

stockings are santa, and one gift (the "best" gift
then we get each kid ONE thing, and they get eachother something.
Its important to me that they learn that people put thought, time, and money into gifts. Not all the great things in life just fall into your lap. Its important to me that they learn about giving.
From BIRTH they are "givers" my kids are making things this year (and buying their "ingredients" and my 8 month old will be tied onto my back as I work with the others. I'll hold her and let her "help" make things too (I'll hold a playsilk in her hand and let her drop it into the dye when my 8yro is dying, then the baby will give that one to her sister; I'll let her "stir" the play dough too while me 4yro makes it and she'll get to give some to him etc) In the years in which they bought things at the dollar store I took babies to an appropriate section, held out 2 things and whichever baby grabbed was the gift- so baby "chose"

it means a lot to my kids to think even the baby helped
Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #28
playingoutside
Registered Users

My Mood:

Santa gives one gift, unwrapped and fully assembled, plus a stocking. We usually give one or two smaller gifts. Plus there are a ton of gifts from grandparents and aunts and uncles!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #29
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our friends do the stockings and unwrapped Santa gifts that the kids can have whenever they get up. Those Santa gifts are usually something that the kids really want -- a gameboy, for example. It cuts down on the desire to open all the presents right away, ripping through them to see what else they have, because the kids know they have their most exciting present already. I can't decide if I like this psychology or not, but it's another thing to think about! <g>
Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #30
HappyEarthCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: wonder1one
seller

The big gift(s) are usually from Santa and the rest are from us. My daughter keeps catching me looking at toys online this year, though, so I'm not sure what to do.
HappyEarthCreations is offline   Reply With Quote