Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #601
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chatters here! June 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I assume it just depends on how each person was raised. I would pretty much ask anyone else to take their shoes off but when it comes to my MIL I feel the need to keep my mouth shut and respect my elders. Although I wish DH would say something.

I understand. And you don't have to be rude, just see if she'd like to get more comfortable by taking her shoes off. And I know it's stressful when an in law is in town especially in your home but don't let the little things get to you, you have something so much more important to think about! And you'll be with the little blessing very soon! So enjoy your last moments of pregnancy and try not to get stressed out.(:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #602
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
You would think the pile of shoes by my door would be a hint but we have the same problem occasionally.
Yes! Clearly my entire families shoes are left at the door. Why do people think they are an exception to house rules?! Sometimes I swear she does it deliberately which makes me even crazier.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #603
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Uh-uh he would have been stopped at the door with new carpet and furniture.
I was much younger then, I'm more aggressive now
Old 06-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #604
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinae89 View Post
I don't find it necessarily rude, some people find it disrespectful TO take off there shoes in someone's home. And I almost never wear shoes in my home but I don't expect someone to take there shoes off if they visit. Everyone is different. If it bothers you I would just say "your more than welcome to take off your shoes" or something like that. I'm sure she hasn't even thought about it. I don't think to take my shoes off when entering a home unless it's there custom.

I completely agree with this.

I wouldn't choose a white carpet because I don't want to have to stress over it. Pretty much all our stuff is chosen to hide stains, lol. Right now we have terrible green carpet everywhere because that's what was here when we moved in.

If you want to take your shoes off when you come in my house, that's fine. If you want to wear them, that's fine. It doesn't matter to me at all. Growing up it wasn't customary (and still isn't mostly) for people to take their shoes off around here to enter a home. I only knew of 2 places that did, and one was like a pp mentioned where people were flipping out in the doorway to make SURE you didn't have shoes. They were also picky about a lot of other stuff. There home was very nice. Always clean. But not homey. Too sterile. And the way they came across made it seem like the stuff in their house was more important than the people in it. Stuff is replaceable. People and relationships are not.

PS--I hate shoes. I go barefoot a lot so my feet are as dirty as most people's shoes.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #605
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The pile of shoes by the door simply tells me y'all keep your shoes by the door. If I don't see anyone with shoes on in your house, it tells me you don't wear shoes in your house. It does not tell me that you have an issue with people wearing shoes in your house. The only person in my family that regularly wears shoes around our house is DH, but we do not have a problem with people wearing shoes in our house. We don't like shoes on the furniture, but you are welcome to wear them in the house. If someone does not want me to wear shoes in their house, I expect them to ask me to take my shoes off. I see nothing rude about telling people that shoes are not worn in the house.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #606
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post

Dd is back. She made it through in one piece.

Oi. Dance injuries are annoying because you always think you can just keep going. I once sprained or whatever my ankle... then kept going & did the same thing the next day. Pretty sure I was on the side watching for a few days after that.

Also wow I missed a lot today it feels like.

I hate sunscreen. We only use it if we are going to be in full sun. And I only buy the nerdy zinc kinds ever since honeymoon in Mexico... I was using regular kind & it combined with my sweat & stained my clothes this weird orange color that is still kinda there even after tons of washing and sun and probably bleach at some point.

I also am not a fan of wearing shoes and only do so when we leave the house or if it's cold out. Or I guess if I'll be doing gardening in a weed filled area. A lot of weeds make my skin get a mild rash that goes away in like half a day. It's weird.
But I agree that if the host doesn't have shoes on, you should also take shoes off. The only time we wear shoes at home is during a party, but that's just some weird thing I picked up growing up that on holidays and at parties, you wear shoes. Maybe because women and girls wear tights at events like that and it's weird to have tights with no shoes. & everyone just dresses up more in general (European thing) and dressy clothes look odd shoe-less. But lately I don't even care and just go shoe-less anyway. My house, I don't have to wear shoes if I don't want to.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #607
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller

Oh yeah. I've also had the joy of dealing with dog vomit & children yuck poop yesterday & today! Literally almost made me barf twice. So gross.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:53 AM   #608
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning yall, I started a new chat thread!
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote