Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #11
BrenWells
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Price Book for Groceries, etc.

I have learned SO MUCH with this. It's more useful when I'm looking at circulars than in the actual store. I'll see one of those 10 for $10 deals at Albertson's, look in my book, and realize that it's normally under $1 for that item NOT on sale at another store. Or that they raised the price before putting it on "sale". (Albertson's is bad about that - you gotta watch it)

A big surprise is that there are very FEW things that are really all that great a bargain at Sam's club (like a Costco). You assume it is, but when you break it down, it's not that great. But some items ARE. Now I know which ones. (Cheese is a big one. Black olives. Nuts are a bargain. But Flour, sugar, produce, toilet paper, cereal, coffee for the most part are not that great and can be had for MUCH cheaper elsewhere if you're shopping sales/coupons.)

I forgot to add - I also have a page where I jot down when things went buy-one-get-one-free at Publix, so I could predict the cycle. I can almost predict the circulars now, so I know which coupons to stock up on ahead of time (because you can use two coupons, one for the item you're buying and one for the free one, when you bogo at my publix) I also have a bit of a chart of produce prices so I can know when to expect certain produce items to be "in season" and be cheap. That one's more difficult, but I have a better idea of it now.

Advertisement