Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I feel like we will never be out of debt

yes, take baby steps.

find a few things you can do daily to positively affect your financial status, and incorporate into your routine. once those things are habit, you can build on that.

it's possible. and i think the best thing is to put your intention into action, even if it's just a little at a time.

for example, rather than taking your entire budget & trying to manage everything all at once. maybe start with budgeting a few spending categories that need the most attention. from there, you can develop an overall system that works for you.

I tried using DR's envelope system, but I couldn't use it for my whole system. I do alot with my debit card and can better track expenses that way. But, there are a few things I do on a cash basis, like my day care, discretionary spending and sometimes groceries if I need to be strict in that area.

So, you do have to find a system that works best for you.

remember, a favorite ism ... the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
soonerbrother81
Registered Users

Hello my friends,

Just wanted to say that we were just talking about the subject of being in debt and stressing out. Stressing out about it won't help it go away so I is best just to be proactive. Take one step at a time. Make more money than you spend each month. Never pay for anything on credit and you will be super. Listen to Dave Ramsey on the Radio, his is on every week day.
soonerbrother81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear ya mama! I feel the same way sometimes

I have finally come to terms with the fact that there is no way it can be paid off (in a timely manner) with our current income. So I have been searching for all kinds of ways to supplement dh's paycheck without taking time away from my kids. Every bit of "extra" money goes towards debt. And a lot of times it is just $2 here, $5 there...but it all adds up and helps

This is a great blog with tons of great ideas about increasing your income without getting a job...the rest of her blog is pretty great as well

http://www.moneysavingmom.com/2008/0...t-getting.html

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote