Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #151
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the (really big and super exciting) weekend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sadieandbean View Post
I think Daisy is adorable and I am impressed that your family is doing do well with her. I don't think my kids would be able to leave one alone and it would be lost within a week for sure.
TOTALLY that.

It has been a tremendously long day for me. I vaguely remember Ginger getting in bed with me around 7:30, but I did not get up myself until 9:30. DH got breakfast shortly thereafter. Then while the rest of the family assembled Ian's birthday Lego police helicopter, I sorted and purged all the toys and kid books in the basement. Loaded a trunkful of donated toys and books, and we also donated our strollers (sorry kari, but you probably don't want these anyway, they are super lightweight for the older toddler variety).

Then we loaded both cars, picked up a pizza, went to the big house. Unloaded a bunch of toys and basement furniture. Beat the errant kitchen light fixture into submission, which still looks like an 8th grade shop project but is at least up and working. Then I got DH to assist me to staple the stencil-looking fabric to the accent walls of each of the girls' rooms. And DH and Ian put together one kid desk (two more to go). During this time I determined that all but one of five rooms we were planning to install ceiling fans in, the junction box is not blocked for fans/heavy fixtures. Ugh.

Went back home, ate McDs, and the kids are all bathed and now playing Wii after being outside most of the day. Tonight the plan is to continue packing and purging while we watch Game of Thrones. Gotta meet my granite guy in the morning so he can measure and template my counters. Then race back to the rental and undo all the damage from neglecting it all weekend.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #152
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

geesh good luck cheryl.

So earlier a boy fell off his bike in front of our house. I went out bc he was just lying there. ok he was fine just said his wrist hurt. i moved his bike and he sat in our lawn til his mom came they lived up the street. Well first off no helmets but ok their older whatever. So stella asks the girl why she isn't wearing shoes lol. Then mom comes 5 kids no one is buckled..... they get out jack chats w a kid his age she loads bike etc. So they go to leave the 5 yr old jumps in thru the window...no one buckles. jack keeps saying why agents they wearing shoes, why no car seats no seat belts...i had to shoo him in the house.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #153
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jack cannot handle when others break the rules...it boggles his mind. unless it comes from following my instructions lol he wouldn't even sneak his candy into the theatre today
Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #154
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kari, I deal with that every day. 30% of the time I am in the carpool line, there is another Saturn Vue in front of me that loads, no joke, six kids in it with no carseats. 100% of the time the car in front of and in back of me has no car seats.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #155
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

However, flip side when neighbor boy still lived here, he used to totally rag on us for using HBBs and not taking coats off before we buckled in. Probably the only kid in the whole school that would do so, LOL.

I don't imagine it will be any different at the new school. The MI car seat laws are not that stringent, and no one seems to care. I mean, I don't see people put bucket seats on the floor like I did in Texas, but once they are no longer toddlers I don't see kids in car seats much up here, regardless of what area I am in.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #156
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah i def see some sad car seats in the back of cars
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #157
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
People in TO are very good about having car seats in their cars. They are usually not installed correctly, and are often expired, but they are there!

How was the chicken, Ru?
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #158
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

My chicken was passable - not as good as yours, Mel, but good enough! E is in bed. I am doing the final few dishes during the commercials of The Amazing Race! I put the chicken bones in the freezer. I have big plans...

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #159
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I see 3yo riding sans carseat in the front.
I want that chicken! I also want the jalapeno popper pizza from the travelling pizza guy. Maybe tomorrow. Although it isn't very diet friendly. We had leftovers. Soup and salad for me

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #160
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ru do the plans include Voodoo????
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote