Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Mom2Carter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Amber teething necklaces...anyone use them?

Has anyone used these, and do they work? Do you have a good source to buy them from? Also, do you think they look too girly? i have a boy!

Kristin

Advertisement

Mom2Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amber teething necklaces...anyone use them?

I bought one for my son and daughter....My daughter waers hers all the time. She's not teething so I don't know if thry help in that aspect, but she loves it. My son is almost 3 and a half months and I was planning on letting him wear his around 5 months. I bought mine from korourke on here and one from The green kangaroo...I love how pretty they are!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we use them, i bought one for dd and one for ds, he refused to wear it and said it choked his neck, which it wasn't..LOL
dd wears hers everyday, no i dont think theyre too girly, and they do come in different shades
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
inspiredbyfinn
Registered Users
Formerly: korourke
seller

Hi Mama,

Here is a recent thread about them

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ighlight=amber

I have some for sale if you are interested - the link is below

Kate
Old 06-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
prairieflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we got ours from Kate (korourke) and love it! i even ordered an extra and a bracelet so i could wear one, too.

its only been a few days, i'm not sure if its helping yet, but DS sure looks sharp!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I ordered mine from Kate as well and let me tell you that NO PERSON WILL TAKE THE NECKLACE OFF NOAH EVER!!!!!! Noah is our fosterson, he arrived at our home a fussy, none to happy little boy, he didn't have a medical reason for his fussyness, he just had issues that made him fussy. Well, I bought a necklace for him, really not believing it would work, but thought, might as well try it since we had tried everything else. The day it arrived in the mail, I was having a particularly hard time with cramping and all from my period, so I thought, well, let me see if it will help me. I felt better within 2 hrs-not to say that it is a miracle worker, but I felt better and I am usually having pain for about 36 hrs every month. I decided to put it on the baby to see how it would do for him. We all noticed a gradual lessening of his fussiness, within a few days, he was not fussy unless tired and would be fine as soon as he fell asleep. So we all decided that the necklace was the trick and we kept it on him. We were too afraid to take it off to see if he simply was settling into our family now and was not fussy any longer of if the necklace helped calm him-even the social worker wouldn't take it off him during office visits!!! Well, last Sat night, Noah was really fussy and we were up all night long-not screaming, but not sleeping and just generally unhappy and fussy. I couldn't find anything wrong with him or a reason for his fussing, but we spent the night rocking in the lazyboy and had a very long night. While I was dressing him for church the next morning, I notice his necklace wasn't on him-I had forgotten to put it back on him after his bath the night before. Now, I can't swear that the necklace being off is the reason he was fussy, but I will assure you that is the first thing we check if he starts fussing without a reason-tired, diaper change needed, etc! He will wear his necklace all the time from now on and I already bought more so that I can send this on with him when he goes to his forever family!!!! My 17 yr old calls it his voodoo necklace!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tharen has been wearing one since he was tiny and we love it. I can't say if it works or not because he has never been without it, but he has been a very easy teether. HE is now finally getting in his k9's which were the hardest for Kearnan. I didn't even know he was getting them, I just looked and one had broken through. NO fussies or anything. So yeah I think they work. I had one originally that I bought from a mama on here. IT was plain lemon yellow chips. I recently bought one of the multi colors from Kate and we like it even better. NOt that there was anything wrong with the other, but this one is prettier. Plus I think the rounder beads are easier for him to sleep on. I also wear an amber necklace and I think it helps me as well. I used to have an awful time healing htings, but I have been doing much better recently. Plus within a month of wearing my necklace my plantars warts (which I have had for 6 years and have done everything to try treating to no avail) disapeared and they haven't come back. Don't know if it has to do with the amber or not. I just know that if we have another baby he/she will wear an aber necklace starting at birth. I am trying to convince my older son to wear one as well.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

I want to try one on my dd so I bought some wholesale I'm waiting on to sell in my store.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
Sweetpotatoesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one. I love it. I ue it on my ds and I don't think it is girly. We get tons of compliments.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #10
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

We are never without ours. She loves it!