Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Redaoife
Registered Users
seller

Amber Teething Necklaces

Hey there:

I'm just starting to find out about the amber teething necklaces. Wondering if moms who have tried them can tell me about your experiences? I read that they're not be worn on kids under three years old, but that seems to defeat the purpose, right?

Any comments would be much appreciated!!

Advertisement

Redaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amber Teething Necklaces

I got Hayden's right around his first bday, a little late, but he has worn it pretty much 24/7 since, he is 21mo now. It is the absolute best thing I have bought for any of my 3 kids. It has made such a big difference for him, he went from being super fussy especially the night before they broke through to never fussing at all. Right after getting it he had 8 teeth plus 4 molars break through over the next few months, we didn't even know he was getting them until we saw them poking through. He showed no signs of teething. I love ours, it has worked wonderfully
Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I never heard they are for kids 3 and up?
I bought dd her first one before she was 3 and my other kids got one also, my baby was less than a year old.
They work great, helped my baby be less fussy. My kids still wear them, even my 6.5 year old, he loves his necklace too..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
parkers_mom
8/14 File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

I bought one as my son's valentine gift, so I guess he was 7 months old at the time. It has been wonderful for him. He wears it all the time, minus bathtime, and its has caused him to be less fussy, drool less, and spend very little time pulling at his mouth and gums. In fact, this weekend he cut his first top tooth, we had accidentally forgotten to put his necklace back on after bathtime. He was super fussy, didn't want to drink from his sippy cup, and was pulling at his mouth like crazy. We couldn't figure out what was going on, and then we realized that he didn't have his necklace on. We put it on him and in a matter of about 15 minutes it was like night and day. He was all smiles! I am a true believer in it!
parkers_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
EmilyLTD
Registered Users
seller

I think the 3 and up thing is just retailers complying with the new Consumer Product Safety laws for products with small parts. The amber necklaces were marketed for children under 3 up until last year as far as I know. You can still buy very small ones for young babies, but the retailers just can't label them as for under 3.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyLTD View Post
I think the 3 and up thing is just retailers complying with the new Consumer Product Safety laws for products with small parts. The amber necklaces were marketed for children under 3 up until last year as far as I know. You can still buy very small ones for young babies, but the retailers just can't label them as for under 3.
Yep. It's just in the last 6 months that I've noticed the "disclaimers" start to pop up. They are totally still great for teething in young babies (I'm a rock solid believer! It's worked wonders here!) it's just that nobody wants to get sued!

The best necklaces are still made with a knot between each bead and string that WILL break if too much pressure is applied. All for keeping babies safe It breaks to help prevent choking and the knots prevent all the beads from sliding off in the event that it does break.

Also, to get the benefit of the amber, it must be worn against the skin, under shirts, etc., so that too, helps reduce the risk of it getting caught on something.

And, as always, it's up to the parents to keep an eye on their child and make sure they are safe while wearing the necklace!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
Redaoife
Registered Users
seller

Wow. Sounds great! Is there a particular maker (WAHM?) that anyone recommends? Do you babes keep them on while sleeping or do you just take them off for baths?

Thanks Mamas!
Redaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
NessaL_07
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im wanting to get this too. From what Ive read here Inspired by finn is good .
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
Sakari
Registered Users

Yep Inspired by Finn!! awesome customer service, great cute necklaces.
http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/

I leave DD's on while she sleeps, but that's just me.

eta: I also wanted to add that when DD was younger she needed about a 13" necklace (I think) and now I got her an 11"!! As a little baby she had practically no neck! So now that all her rolls are disappearing, she's getting a neck! The other necklace was longer so there was more risk of getting hung up once she was mobile and had a neck to speak of.

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!

Last edited by Sakari; 06-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
BranAn7881
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Yes, they are fantastic!! I bought some for DD, DS and myself. DD used to drool so much that she'd soak through 3 or more bibs in one day! Now, she barely drools at all! I totally believe they work! We leave ours on all the time even to sleep. I even like to leave them on for baths, because then the beads get cleaned too. I highly recommend Inspired by Finn!!! Fantastic necklaces, wonderful selection, fast shipping and great customer service!!