Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #11
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pumping for NICU baby

Thanks everyone! It's been almost 6 weeks and here we still are. My milk supply was totally gone in a week. Lukas was nowhere near ready when I still had hope of nursing him. But mostly it just sucks so bad being stuck here that I'm hardly even sad about not having milk. I just want to go home.

Advertisement

ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #12
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomamma
Thanks everyone! It's been almost 6 weeks and here we still are. My milk supply was totally gone in a week. Lukas was nowhere near ready when I still had hope of nursing him. But mostly it just sucks so bad being stuck here that I'm hardly even sad about not having milk. I just want to go home.
Can your ob give you raglan or the meds to relactate? Just curious

Hugs and prayers to you & your little man
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #13
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

regardless of breastfeeding, I hope he is home soon. You can always breastfeed with an SNS whether you have milk or not. First, though, get him home! Then you can play around with the SNS a little easier and at your own pace. Many prayers!
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerrn View Post
regardless of breastfeeding, I hope he is home soon. You can always breastfeed with an SNS whether you have milk or not. First, though, get him home! Then you can play around with the SNS a little easier and at your own pace. Many prayers!
yes agree with this. I am sad to hear of your dashed dreams to breastfeed. making it what you want for a relationship by using SNS helped a friend as she really wanted to breastfeed hes and she had low supply.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
dwimmer
Registered Users
seller

So sorry you're going through this. I totally admire you for pumping for your baby in the NICU. I was able to bring my preemie home pretty soon, so I've been pumping for her, but I just can't imagine doing all of that on top of NICU visits. I hope it gets better for you soon.
dwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote