Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
CaronForEachOther
Registered Users
seller
seller

Carseat suggestions for Toyota Highlander...

My husband and I are expecting our first (living) in November and are trying to make some decisions on carseats... We are planning on TTC shortly after this one arrives and plan to have more littles (God willing) after that so we want to get suggestions for carseats that fit well in across the middle row of a Toyota Highlander. I know depending on when they expire etc we may have to buy a new one anyways but assuming we got lucky and didnt have expiration issues what carseats can fit 3 across in a Highlander? Any suggestions/recommendations would be awesome! Thanks!

Advertisement

CaronForEachOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carseat suggestions for Toyota Highlander...

Man, that would be a tough question to answer right now. Even if you had 3 kids all 1 year apart, you're talking a span of nearly 3 years. In that time, TONS of new seats can come to the market, and others can be discontinued, making our suggestions here nearly useless. Depending on the spacing between kids, you might be looking at an infant seat, a RF convertible and a combo seat, or an infant seat and 2 RF convertibles, or an infant seat a FF convertible, and a booster. The possibilities are just so extensive!

That said, I'm pretty sure I read that RF Radians work well in Highlanders. I had a FF Radian in my mom's this week, and it was a nice fit. I know a Recaro ProSport, Clek Oobr, and The First Years True Fit also work, although you'd be hard-pressed to make the TF work in a 3-across.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Don't buy car seats too far in advance because you don't want them sitting around and only have two years' use before they expire. I have a combi coccoro, a mysize, and a booster right now in my alero. I've had combinations with a maestro and a Scenera as well.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
NatalieWalkom
Registered Users

i can't suggest anything, i was seeking for the same answer what to suggest you guys? These carseat is really a question mark for me? I read all the conversation it makes me more confuse.

Learn about supported living community services

Last edited by NatalieWalkom; 06-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.
NatalieWalkom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have a friend with a highlander and she uses radians. She has one and then twins a couple years later. She did radian and two primo viaggios on the outboard seats and now has three radians. It was a right fit but they are all independently tight.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
CaronForEachOther
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaute_marquee View Post
Don't buy car seats too far in advance because you don't want them sitting around and only have two years' use before they expire. I have a combi coccoro, a mysize, and a booster right now in my alero. I've had combinations with a maestro and a Scenera as well.
Oh we dont want to buy them all now I just wanted brand/style recs that people thought could work we will only buy them as we need them but I would rather buy one that could potentially work as 3 across and as the other come buy more of the same kind then not consider it at all wind up with 3 littles and have to replace all the seats just because I never considered it thats all
Old 06-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
CaronForEachOther
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenBee View Post
I have a friend with a highlander and she uses radians. She has one and then twins a couple years later. She did radian and two primo viaggios on the outboard seats and now has three radians. It was a right fit but they are all independently tight.
THANK YOU!!!! I have heard wonders about the radians- so I am happy to hear this!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
litigatrix
Registered Users
seller

The Cocorro is made for seating 3 across even in much smaller cars than the Highlander, but it is a small seat so most kids will outgrow it by around age 2.
litigatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
CaronForEachOther
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by litigatrix View Post
The Cocorro is made for seating 3 across even in much smaller cars than the Highlander, but it is a small seat so most kids will outgrow it by around age 2.
Thank you! I'll have to look at that one.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
Len27
Registered Users
seller

A few of my friends have radians . I drive a honda pilot and just this afternoon installed three across for the first time (my 6 mos old niece is coming to visit, but we are also expecting our 3rd in dec)- I have a true fit rear facing behind the passenger, a complete air ff in the centre and an evenflo symphony 65 ff behind the driver. They are not small seats, but it works.