Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Over night pull ups?

Posting here since others maybe have bigger kids that still use diapers or pull ups
What do you use overnight? DS is 6.5 y/o and we tried snap-eze but couldn't find anything absorbent enough for inserts, and even Goodnites for bigger kids can't hold enough. Any advice?

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
mekat
Registered Users

Re: Over night pull ups?

You probably will need to start using doublers/boosters. Some moms prefer just to go to the incontinence aisle and buy adult incontinence pads but I don't like the plastic backing. I tend to buy mine at Baby's-R-Us but I have also ordered them online at North Shore. I know a lot of moms are fans of Tranquilty All-Through-The-Night diapers as well (will have to be ordered through a medical supply type store). I have also used recycled wool covers over his disposables to catch any spillage.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekat
You probably will need to start using doublers/boosters. Some moms prefer just to go to the incontinence aisle and buy adult incontinence pads but I don't like the plastic backing. I tend to buy mine at Baby's-R-Us but I have also ordered them online at North Shore. I know a lot of moms are fans of Tranquilty All-Through-The-Night diapers as well (will have to be ordered through a medical supply type store). I have also used recycled wool covers over his disposables to catch any spillage.
I wonder if I could use those boosters in my Snapeze, thanks for the link!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS leaked through every single kids pull up option but age 5 1/2. I finally sewed my own pull ups for him. I use the Happy Heiny's Hemp Stuffins insert with 2 ovals and that has been working for a few months now.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Amandamama
Registered Users

We use Tranquility all thru the night briefs, I order from cheapchux.com
They hold a ton, as my son is tube fed overnight.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tharen was peeing through pull ups and good nights. I had good luck with flats stuffed in snap ezs. I know that sounds really crazy but it worked for him. I bought them at Sam's of all places. They sell them as "bar towels" or something like that. They are just giant pieces of cotton. I would fold them in half length wise, then in half again the same way, then I would fold them in half the other way. Then I would do the same with a second one and stack the two on top of each other and stuff both inside a snap-ez trainer. That worked for Tharen. It was the only thing that worked, he could pee through anything else.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamama View Post
We use Tranquility all thru the night briefs, I order from cheapchux.com
They hold a ton, as my son is tube fed overnight.
We tried these as well from this website. I would recommend Tranquility brand since they were super absorbent and didn't leak at all over night. They also have a big range of sizes.

We tried the All Through the Night disposable briefs and the Premium Overnight Disposable Absorbent underwear both from Tranquility and very much preferred the Overnight Disposable Absorbent Underwear but not the All Through the Night diapers. The ATN one attaches like a disposable diaper and we couldn't get a good, comfortable fit at all even with the correct size. Ds refused to keep them on and said they were really uncomfortable. But he and I both really loved the Overnight Disposable Absorbent underwear. It's a pull up style and was very comfortable for my son. Unfortunately he's super sensitive to any disposable products and couldn't tolerate these either (I've yet to find any disposable product that he can tolerate).

The Cheapchux website offers samples for the cost of shipping so it's not completely free but pretty cheap and you can get 1 or 2 of a product to try it out and see if it works for you.
http://www.cheapchux.com/trpr1.html
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCrafty View Post
I wonder if I could use those boosters in my Snapeze, thanks for the link!
The Cheap Chux has samples of the boosters, too. I ordered a little sample of everything from this site. It's not my site or anything, I just recommend it since the prices are great and I know how hard it is to find big sizes and products that really work.
http://www.cheapchux.com/trpr1.html
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
whiteyacht
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 5 yo uses happy heiny trainers stuffed with two flats. Pretty soaked in the morning but no leaks. They look ridiculously poofy but he's just happy to have "pull ups" instead of a diaper!

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.
whiteyacht is offline   Reply With Quote