Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
My Mood:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse
Didn't get to finish (actually had to do my job) Clean up lunch and get everybody down for nap. DD and DS can keep an eye on babies if they are awake while I'm putting crazed toddler down (have to lay with/on her to get her to nap). When she's asleep, (theoretically) I do math with DS and DD finishes up any reading she needs to complete and then they are free for the day. Some days we have to pick up DD1 and her friend at school @ 3 or, like today, it was early out @ 1. Wednesdays, DD has orchestra @ 2, every other Thursday, they have a co-op type thing @ 2. On these days, I try to move nap up so that everyone has napped by the time we have to leave, or if the day is crazy, I try to hold off nap and leave a little early so that they can sleep in the van and I'll just drive around waiting for my kids to be done. On normal days, DH gets home with DD1 close to 4, he gets briefed and I leave by 4:30 to go to my 2nd job. DH stays with the dc kids until they are picked up (about 20 -30 minutes) and then he does the running with our kids. Right now that's soccer and archery. I work until 9. When I get home, I clean up the supper dishes, read to DS, say hi to DD1 and start work on my craft business. I try to be in bed by midnight so I can start all over the next day. Oh yeah, I skipped 2 sets of diaper changes and another round of bottles that happen after nap and before I leave. And, inevitably, crazed toddler has made some type of gigantic mess at some point during the day. Examples include smashing eggs into the carpet in front of the fridge, dumping a whole bag of jellybeans down the air vent, writing on our bar in permanent marker, eating half a box of crayons, slinging pee water out of the toilet. Our house is complete chaos and I sometimes wonder if my kids are learning anything!
Are you serious?! I was exhausted just reading about your day. I wish I could give you 2 hours off a day.

Wife to my
Mom to my
Stepmom to my
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #12
Registered Users
7:30 we wake up a bit slow and I leasurely drink my tea.Then we do our morning chores.

9am At table dressed and ready for school. We no our spelling, grammar, math and reading (only for my 1st grader, the 4th grader reads constantly so we don't need to)

10:30 am snack break and recess

11am. Finish up book work and then do science or history or have free time.

12 We are always done with book learning at noon. Sometime they get to play reading eggs after school work is complete.

Through the week they also have a sign language class, dd1 has ballet 2x, writing class and a art/science creativity class.

We spent time doing art, gardening, going to educational expos and fairs, taking hikes and playing in creeks and exploring the world around us. We read a lot of books and do crafts whenever we feel like it.
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote