Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yuck...Just a Vent about a useless parent >=(

LAME!

I have a former friend who has been back and forth on being a "mom"... she has bounced her daughter from house to house off and on most of her life since she turned 4.... She just finally asked our good friends if they would adopt her (she is 10)... they had told her after several times of "in and out" of their home they would only take her again, if they got to be her parents for real, my "friend" flipped out and sent her "baby" off to her ex-husbands sister (not her bio father).... It's like the mom wants to be able to say, "I have a daughter but she lives with her dad" but her non-bio-dad can't handle her and has been reported to CPS.... SO thankful that within the next few months this little girl will be in a stable loving home with siblings who already love her, and parents who love her enough to set limits and help her become all she can be.

Sending prayers and hugs your way... agree with the others that it is MOM's responsibility to work out travel arrangements not your's. So if it were me I'd let it ride, unless you think DSD is in danger.

Advertisement

weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #12
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is a hard situation. I'd give it more time and talk to DSD. If she is truly miserable I'd go get her.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
she can fly southwest as an unaccompanied minor
Thanks mama I really want DSD to stay there because I think they both need to realize that this is the situation and they both need to behave! DSD is being really bratty to her stepfather and she KNOWS better. Bio mom just needs to deal with it. I have for the past 10 years! I want them to have a decent relationship for DSD's sake. I don't want her to have issues because her mother doesn't want her
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My niece flew last summer at 12 and was not considered an unaccompanied minor. She flew from Baltimore to Charleston sc. Her mother can pay for her to fly home if she doesn't want her to stay.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My niece flew on Southwest last year by herself when she was 9 years old. I had to go with her all the way to the gate where a flight attendant took over when it was time to board. So yeah, your SD definitely should be able to fly unaccompanied.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
nannabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
I feel so badly for the daughter.
Yes. Me, too.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welp apparently my talk to with bio mom did absolutely nothing. She called DH and told him he needed to meet her this weekend because DSD was coming back. She hasn't even talked to her about it. DSD is going to be HEARTBROKEN. Bio mom isn't even going to let her go to FL to Disney world with them. Now we get to deal with the back lash
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hugs- this just made me so sad. Sorry you have to deal with this.

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #19
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I sympathize... my ex not take his but I have it that way for a reason.......
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

How awful for dsd to be so unwanted. I hope you have access to counseling, she may need it. Poor baby.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote