Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

It's my birthday. DD3's birthday was yesterday (she turned 2), so we are kind of broke in the birthday department. Last night I was kind of bummed that my birthday was going to be "just another day". I was talking to my cousin, who is a lot more like a sister, and she surprised me with a Facebook gift of a $5 Starbucks card. I admit, I was whining to her, I just wanted today to be a little special, you know? I have five kids, and I give my all to them, and constantly go without, and do it very happily.

Anyway, DH decided to call in sick (he was exhausted, DD4 has been super fussy the last couple weeks), so I got to sleep in, and didn't have to take DS to preschool. SO nice. Then we went to pick him up, and I went to get my coffee thanks to my cousin. Ended up waiting forever in line, so I got my drink for free, and still have my gift card to use.

DH made lunch, and after nap we are going to the beach (don't hate me, but it's less than five minutes away).

Been the best birthday in years, and other than a bit of gas was/will be free. Thrifty score!

Advertisement

Last edited by lensesforeyes; 03-19-2013 at 03:12 PM.
lensesforeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thrifty bday score!

That was great of your dh to call in and help outin your special day!
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thrifty bday score!

Have Fun! It's amazing how a little sleep & caffeine can make the day so much better!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna0623
That was great of your dh to call in and help outin your special day!
It was! It was so nice to have extra time with him, as well as nice to have the help so I could relax a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
Have Fun! It's amazing how a little sleep & caffeine can make the day so much better!

Thanks! We had a blast! Now my kids are whining and driving me up the wall while we get the oldest two ready to go to Awana. Sure sign they had lots of fun, too, since they are tired.