Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2018, 06:53 AM   #1
Katiesara
Registered Users

Big kids night diapers

Iím looking for recommendations for a good night diaper for a 35 pound 5 year old. Heís nearly grown out of our one size diapers, but slams through them all every night anyway.

Also, good training pants that actually soak up a lot?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Katiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big kids night diapers

Motherease bedwetter pants! They go up to bigger sizes and hold a lot.

That's for night time; I'm no help with training pants.
Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Large or XL flats with wool. You could contact WHAM or Etsy shops to request custom fitted diapers in a larger size. MotherEase Bedwetter or SuperUndies for overnight. SuperUndies also has trainers.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Motherease bedwetters.

I have/had 3 children so far between age 5-10 wetting nightly or at least weekly. The SuperUndies are okay for the light wetter--this is the one that is only weekly, so there is some control and I think that is why the wetting is lighter. The SuperUndies could not hold my other two. Flats with wool would do it, but at that point (and with several younger DC in diapers as well) I wanted something the big kids could put on and off themselves.

Imagine makes a very big pocket diaper, which might fit at 35 lbs, depends on his build and how much stuffing you need. Then stuff that with flats or whatever inserts you prefer.

Snap-EZ makes all sizes up to adults. Pockets or trainers which I think might be AIOs.

Bum Genius recently came out with Big and Bigger options; they are just like a BG pocket except larger. They're expensive. I got the Bigger and I believe it was $50 and doesn't even come with an insert (they are up front about that). My child was at the minimum weight or maybe slightly lower and it barely fits when stuffed...that child does have a disproportionately large tush though.

No matter what option you go with, wool soaker or pants over it is helpful.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

DS used snap ez fleece pocket trainers stuffed with what's was in his OS plus a grovia cotton doubler long ways across the back to get near the snaps when side sleeping around 3 years old. When he out grew those at 4ish he went to super undies nighttime which he used until he night learned at 5.5y. Snapez does makes larger pocket trainers sizes if you like that style. I added links to the albums I have showing these options off. If you go into the individual picture it gives his stats at the time which were 35-40lbs just what you are looking for.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-24-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesara View Post
Iím looking for recommendations for a good night diaper for a 35 pound 5 year old. Heís nearly grown out of our one size diapers, but slams through them all every night anyway.

Also, good training pants that actually soak up a lot?

Thanks!

Motherease Bedwetter pants are absolutely the best! Very absorbent, no leaks and pull up like underwear.

https://cart.mother-ease.com/collect...edwetter-pants

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:02 AM   #8
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Bummis SWW covers offer great protection overnight. The XL would be the best size wise. The L would fit, but the XL is roomier and would fit longer ideally.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #9
Katiesara
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestions! Iíve got a couple mother ease ordered now.

I may try large flats too since I love our wool! What flats would you recommend as best/largest?

Katiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:10 PM   #10
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesara View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! Iíve got a couple mother ease ordered now.

I may try large flats too since I love our wool! What flats would you recommend as best/largest?

Consider GMD XL muslin (aka Swaddle blanket). Iíve also have success with FruitOfTheWomb Taffy in size Toddler.