Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

PSA Walmart.com has FST super cheap right now--

The 20 pack of Mainstays Flour Sack towels are $11.71, so .63 per flat with tax!
I ordered two packs, washed and dried them, and they shrank to 28x26 and stayed soft. So I just ordered 10 more packs They are great for tie dye, too.

For reference, I have Target Room Essentials FST from about three years ago, and these are pretty much identical. I also bought a 4 pack of Target (some other brand, think it starts with an "H") FST last month, and they are pretty horrible. REALLY rough, and haven't softened after several washes. So I was happy that the Mainstays were still good (they have mixed reviews).

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: PSA Walmart.com has FST super cheap right now--

See I tried some Mainstays ones for dish towels and mine were rough and papery. And super duper thin. No way would they make a decent diaper
I would try them again at that price though. I do think it's all about what batch you get.
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: PSA Walmart.com has FST super cheap right now--

Yeah, the Mainstays are thin. I actually wanted some thin ones cuz we'll be spending some time in a tropical climate where everything molds instantly, and I'll be handwashing/line drying. So I'd rather double up two thin flats than take bulkier absorbent birdseye. They aren't quite as soft as my DJ and Osocozy birdseye flats, but they aren't rough like the new bad Target FST.