Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #631
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

My kids go to Dr Seymour at OU Family Medicine. We love her She's super supportive of breastfeeding past a year, doesn't really believe in growth charts - she's more into developing at a steady rate than anything else. She actually remembers us even though we're only there every now and then (cause I keep forgetting to make well baby check ups lol) and she talked to us about delaying vaccines. I vaccinate on time, but she talked to me about pros and cons of vaccinating and delaying in a really open manner. She's all about doing what you think is right for your situation.
One doc I would avoid and run far far from - Dr Dawson and the Midway Clinic. Omg..crackhead clinic!!! Every time I took my son there he came back sick with something new. I kept him on there for almost a year while waiting for a certain place to have an opening - then I found Dr Seymour when I was having my daughter and switched my son to her and got her for my daughter immediately!

Advertisement

Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #632
BikeLovinMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh3699 View Post
My kids go to Dr Seymour at OU Family Medicine. We love her She's super supportive of breastfeeding past a year, doesn't really believe in growth charts - she's more into developing at a steady rate than anything else. She actually remembers us even though we're only there every now and then (cause I keep forgetting to make well baby check ups lol) and she talked to us about delaying vaccines. I vaccinate on time, but she talked to me about pros and cons of vaccinating and delaying in a really open manner. She's all about doing what you think is right for your situation.
One doc I would avoid and run far far from - Dr Dawson and the Midway Clinic. Omg..crackhead clinic!!! Every time I took my son there he came back sick with something new. I kept him on there for almost a year while waiting for a certain place to have an opening - then I found Dr Seymour when I was having my daughter and switched my son to her and got her for my daughter immediately!
Do you know if she takes sooner care? I'm in desperate need of a good pediatrician that takes sooner care & haven't found one yet.
I'm gonna look into it.
I wonder if she's the one that saw my youngest son after he was born at OU..I bet she was. She was really applauding me for keeping him intact.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #633
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:

Alright everyone, were going to the Ren Fair tomorrow...Friday the 3rd...who wants to go? We can go anytime of the day, thinking before 5 or so...so we can beat the crowd that will be going after work. Let me know what works for everyone.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #634
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeLovinMama View Post
Do you know if she takes sooner care? I'm in desperate need of a good pediatrician that takes sooner care & haven't found one yet.
I'm gonna look into it.
I wonder if she's the one that saw my youngest son after he was born at OU..I bet she was. She was really applauding me for keeping him intact.
she sure does - both my kids are on Soonercare
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #635
BikeLovinMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
she sure does - both my kids are on Soonercare
Yay! I'm so glad to hear it.
I'm gonna call tomorrow.

& I think we're hitting up the medieval fair on Sunday. My hubby has to work tomorrow & I think it'll be less crowded on Sunday than Saturday.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #636
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

we're going to be at the renn fair at noonish. maybe we'll see you there.
desertpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #637
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think Emmaleigh and I and our kiddo's will be at the Ren Fair around 1....give Ez a chance to nap and we can grab lunch before going. If anyone wants to come over afterwards my house is open to company...but don't expect it to be dusted or clutterless lol. I think if you guys wanna meet up the best place to say would be at the sword fighting arena since that's pretty specific....esp. since I don't know where anything is. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #638
nktigger99
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I made an appointment with dr Seymour for next Friday. I am hoping that it goes okay. I don't like drs much and my son actually hasn't been since he was 2 months and he is 9 months now.

I need to get him set up though to start his shots when he turns a year.

So Friday afternoon we will be seeing the dr.
nktigger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #639
Majestic Rocks
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Is this the regular pediatric clinic at Children's or is the something new they added? When Zuzu was born I wanted to keep her there because Ethan received wonderful care then when I was referred for 2nd opinions. But the way the old clinic was set up you COULD NOT get same day sick appointments, you have to go to the thru the ER. I was not willing to do that so I picked Dr. Stephens at Mercy Health Edmond from a list of referrals my OU midwife gave me. I like him. He is good but he seems to not take as much time with you as he use to. I am feeling a bit more rushed. He is supportive of delayed vaxing or whatever you choose. He is more old school, encourages bfing & cding, but expresses concern on co-sleeping (thinks they should be in their own crib, but still supportive of what you choose). I would just like someone I have more of a connection with, like my OU midwife. When she initially referred me to him, she said that OU was going to open an off-site pediatric office where you could get same day sick apts. So I am wondering if that is what you are going to? I really hope so!!

BTW, we will have to catch the next playgroup. Ethan's strep took another antibiotic to kick it and has been out of school all week. I have been draggin all week trying to get over the hump of this. Today I feel pretty decent. So if I continue to get better than I have to catch-up on everything around here. You guys have fun!
Blessed Mommy to Ethan (12) & Azuranna Joy (2 1/2 yr. old.)

Majestic Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #640
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

too bad we didn't get to see you guys at the fair. as soon as i posted, dh insisted we leave so i didn't get a chance to check back. it was a lot of fun though! we got a cast done of Gage's foot and it is so cute! the fair was a lot larger this year than the last time we went.

hopefully i can actually make it to the next playdate. Seven is going crazy over here.
desertpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote