Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #11
pixie310
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. I can't believe I didn't notice it before it makes me feel bad in a way. Sorry for all the questions I'm just kinda lost and his reactions to things are getting more noticeable and harder to handle. I'll just be glad when we can find out what's going on and how to handle the situations. Till then then I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing and handle it the best I can. I feel like such a worry wort.

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #12
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie310
Thanks. I can't believe I didn't notice it before it makes me feel bad in a way. Sorry for all the questions I'm just kinda lost and his reactions to things are getting more noticeable and harder to handle. I'll just be glad when we can find out what's going on and how to handle the situations. Till then then I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing and handle it the best I can. I feel like such a worry wort.
Ages 3 and 4 were absolutely beyond dreadful with DS. Those ages are hard anyways. Unfortunately if it's just sensory issues you really do just try to prevent situations when possible and deal with them when you can't prevent. Other than that you just work on teaching them how to appropriately deal with uncomfortable situations. There isn't medication or any "magic" fix. Keep things predictable and be in tune with your child. There are thing about there to help with certain behaviors and other behaviors just take patience and consistency in dealing with. One day at a time. My son had like a 30+ minute melt down on Sunday over Cheerios. He is almost 6. These kind of meltdowns happen several times a week still but they used to happen several times a day. He is improving. I'm sure your son will too, just hang in there.

Oh and although I noticed DS's oddities at 5 months I just thought he was "quirky" it wasn't until 2 that we found out it had a name and then everything made sense. I only found out then because he was being evaluated for his severe speech delay
Old 01-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #13
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Could it be sensory issuess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie310 View Post
He sounds like a little bit of everything y'all have explained. If I change his routine or if we do something different and I don't explain the situation completely to him ahead of time he will have a melt down. Like I mentioned he hates loud noises it's like it hurts his ears. Even when the baby crys he runs which makes it hard on me. He really doesn't have problems with cloths but he doesn't like new cloths at all. It's a totally challenge most of the time when he out gores his old cloths or needs new ones. His skin is super sensitive though but we was told that he has eczema. He loves crunchy food but he will only eat certain things. Dirty doesn't really bother him he just doesn't like anything sticky or slimy. I was always told he was just picky. The doctor we have now understands my concerns she is sending him to a lady that deals with it so maybe she can help diagnose him. I'm not really worried about what it is that he has I just want to be able to help him learn to coop with things and fit in I guess u would say. I always knew something was different but everyone kept telling me he was just spoiled. Once I got reading about things it makes more since to me now. He also won't sleep unless he has 8 or 9 blankets on him so I'm working on making him a weighted blanket. When he was about a year old the pediatrician we had before said It looked like he had a mild case of cerebral palsy. Cause when he would crawl he would drag one leg and when he would pull up he would use his upper body stength then sling his legs under him. He still complains about his legs a lot and has been test for arthritis since I got it as a very young age but it came back negative. So I'm still trying to figure that one out to. But his oxygen level did keep dropping during birth so cerebral palsy could be a possibility. It's just about to worry me crazy cause everyone thinks I'm nuts and that I baby Him to much. But since I'm with him everyday i have caught on to things and have learned what he needs to help settled down. I guess I just needed someone to tell me I wasn't crazy lol. I really wish we would have gotten something done when he was younger but no one would help.

Just wanted to say you are definitely not crazy... You sound like a good mama who loves her baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
pixie310
Registered Users
seller

Thanks that made me feel better I know each of babies are different but it just worries me cause there's things he still can't do or can't handle but his two year old sister can. I hate to see him upset. So I do the best can to make different situations easier on him. So I guess we will learn together on how to handle things. Thanks for all the advise once again