Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
for those that accept credit cards on your sites...

Do you only do paypal, or do you have a merchant account as well? If you have a merchant account, who did you go with? I am finding this part of business very confusing.

Advertisement

m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
jbatic
Registered Users
seller

Re: for those that accept credit cards on your sites...

This is definitely a tough one!

I have been searching endlessly and have found them on average to be $50/month after all *fees. Plus through in the additional percent they take that is over the $20-25 min.

I still haven't been able to commit to anything. I know most will start with paypal as its slightly cheaper.

Treetop Baby http://www.treetopbaby.com
jbatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:

I'm using Paypal on the site I'm setting up now for WeeEssentials. But my husband and I used to own a body jewelry business for several years and we used Authorize.net. I believe they have all the information you need to go about setting up a merchant account, though I can't recall if they were just the gateway or the merchant account, too. But we had a good run with them, and we were satisfied customers.

When it comes down to it, I can accept credit cards through Paypal, I get charged the same in the base rate + percent fees for each transaction, and people know how paypal works...for the most part. If you accept credit cards, you'll have to set up accounts with each company (Visa/MC, AmEx and Discover) separately, and on top of the transaction fees, IIRC, Amex charged $10 a month just for the privilege of accepting the card. I think Discover charged $5. When I came down to deciding for WeeEssentials, a merchant account just didn't make sense for me, since I'm online only.

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!
WeeEssentials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
MiniMe BabyGear
Registered Users
seller

I also take paypal for the majority of my sales. I do use Innovative Gateway for wholesale or if a customer calls in. It just gives me more freedom because paypal cam be tricky sometimes, esp. if the customer has an account but wants to pay a different way (like they have a balance, but would prefer to pay with a MC).

I pay $10.15 a month for access to the service, and then another 3% for each transaction run. It is very similar to paypal; just a little more expensive, IMO.
www.wethappened.com
MiniMe BabyGear is offline   Reply With Quote