Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #11
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Stealing food & becoming obese

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post

ETA: Don't let him turn it into a mom's house vs dad's house you're awful for not having "good" food. It does sound like a LOT of really big chanegs in a short time and at a sensitive age...if he starts going to school now (access to food) plus spending some time with dad/grandma, I can't see how locking food up (or any other thing you do at home) will help him at all, but it can at least keep him from taking all of what is meant to last for the family. I would give unlimited access to vegetables and water only, serve healthy balanced meals with aage appropriate serving sizes (no snacks) at set times, and lock or keep out of the house everything else. But I can't see making a change like that when your baby is coming now and he's starting school. Has his doctor ruled out medical reasons?
His Dr has only tried talking to him about it, since he doesn't really have any other health issues. She had been really on my case about his weight for over a year, until he finally confessed to her that all he drinks when he's gone (I know, don't turn it into a dad vs us thing) is coke and he gets all junk food. The Dr did ask to see him on a Friday before he went for visitation and the following Monday when he came back, and he was 4lbs heavier. She sent a note and email to his dad about it.

I've just taken to not buying the things I know he overeats the most. Any kind of flavored crackers (which I was buying just for him and dh, since my fetus 'beetus won't allow for carbs), grapes, anything premade, instant oatmeal, etc.

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #12
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Today was the best we've had in several weeks. I did have to keep him out of the house for that to happen though, which is hard when you're 20 minutes from any towns. We went into town, ran some errands, then came home and I gave him the choice of working in the garden or his supplemental schoolwork, and he chose the garden. He worked quite a bit out there, came in for dinner (1 burger from our cow and zucchini fries) and then read the rest of the evening.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #13
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

So happy to hear that!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:52 AM   #14
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Op it is going to be necessary to override the two parent requirement for counseling. You will have to go back to court and present the facts to the judge. Your son is on a path that leads people to weighting 600 pounds. It will be a difficult road to turn this around but your son has no ability to control/fix this.