Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
greenbabybums
Registered Users
seller

Re: Official Bumgenius Washing instructions, plus stripping, leaking, smell issues

Sweet! Thanks a bunch!!

Advertisement

greenbabybums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #12
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Official Bumgenius Washing instructions, plus stripping, leaking, smell issues

I used to go by their care recommendations, but sadly it didn't work for me. There is so much involved too, I switched to tide and now I don't have to do anything special!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
amholb0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wonder why no corn starch? I thought it was water soluble.

amholb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

So I guess I shouldnt be using tide. Tide is the only detergent that we havent had issues with.
Tricia~32 Married for 14 years to Chad~37. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~13, Ethan~11, Jacob~9, Annika~7, Makenna~5, Niko James~4, Cyrus~2, Benton~1, blessing #9 due 7/9/17
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #15
bigeyedfish
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for sharing! I follow their wash routines without even knowing it, lol I just had a BG AIO diaper fail today, though. The elastic went out on one of the legs and it was just purchased three weeks ago! Yikes!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
SnowAngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for posting! I just got some off of FSOT and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on when they started leaking today... I'll try the Dawn tomorrow
SnowAngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
5littleblessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Its been a while since you posted this but its just what i needed. My guys diapers stink! Thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #18
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is an old thread but it was really helpful - thanks!
lindsaydud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
GoneGreen13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks needed this today!
GoneGreen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #20
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

uggg yea once again instructions that will leas sooo many mothers to frustration.

first off
Quote:
It is imperative to use detergents that are free of dyes, enzymes, perfumes, whiteners and brighteners, on your bumGenius diapers. Using detergents containing these ingredients will cause damage to your diapers including elastic failure and leaking. You can find some options on specific detergents by following this link:
http://www.cottonbabies.com/clothdiaperdetergents.pdf
dyes enzymes perfumes and yes even optical brighteners will NOT harm your diapers this is a complete myth. Some of these things could cause irritation on baby so that you'll have to know or lear about but none are bad for diapers ANY diaper.

Quote:
1. Wash the entire load on the normal cycle, on cold with of the detergent
your washing likely your ickiest load of laundry in most cases you will NOT want to skimp on detergent. Now aI realize they reccoemd two cycles with some detergent each but again when you wash most will need full or closer to full reccomended amounts of detergent.

Quote:
Using the wrong detergent or too much detergent, using diaper creams, lotions, or oils without a barrier between the baby and the diaper will cause your diapers to leak or develop an odor.
Odor comes from diapers not being washed well enough not with too much detergent, some caution should be used with creams but most can be used sparingly with out issues.

corn starch and baby power are TOTALLY fine and wash out SUPER easily even easier than their own BG and other CD safe products..

know that for some dawn will cause major sudding issues... I do though agree with the bleach.

In the end bumgenius diapers are good diapers they do NOT need to be babied they do need to be cleaned well. Please do not asssume diapers need some kinda special detergent and at the same time feel free to use on if you desire most will work as long as enough is used to actually clean.

Its okay to ingnore me as well as I give dirrections that will likely void any warrently, however over years Ive learned that a warently is useless if the dirrections mean I'm consistantly dealing with stink and rashes.
Once I quit looking at those silly rules and just washed the need for a warenty left.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote