Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
bonniec_tn
Registered Users

What on earth is my son allergic to?!?!

Hey All,
over the past few days (it started Saturday) my youngest son has been breaking out in hives. They look sort of like flea bites but they go away rather quickly and he isnt around fleas, so I know its not that. They started Saturday on his belly and then were on his wrists and ankles. I gave him some bendaryl and it cleared up. Well the past couple days, ive been noticing them randomly, they come and go. This morning when he got up, he had been sleeping on his stomach and his whole belly and chest was red and has these bumps on it. I am wondering if he is allergic to our detergent maybe? Theres nothing else I can really think of, his diet hasn't changed. This happens mostly when he gets hot but it doesnt look like heat rash. I havent been giving him benadryl because I hate to 'drug him up'...he has no other symptoms, just the hives....what the heck could it be????
Oh and last week he did have diarrhea, if this were the tail end of a virus, wouldnt it be gone by now? And also, when he had the diarrhea, he didnt act sick, he didnt throw up, just diarrhea...

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: What on earth is my son allergic to?!?!

My youngest gets gets hives when he gets viral things, so it could be that for sure.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
mammaof3lovelys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i agree with pp. a lot of the times when my los get a viral infections it will be followed by a rash that flares up when they get heated. it usually comes on after the other symptoms are going away or an the way out. if it doesn't go away after a day or two you could call the pediatrition and ask. and recetly my dd2 had a virus that was just diarhea followed by a "heat rash" and thats it. dr. said probaby a virus and it went away on its own.

it might be the detergent, but thats unlikely unless you have recetly changed detergents.

Like my avatar? Lil' Munchkies made them!
mammaof3lovelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
bonniec_tn
Registered Users

Thanks so much!