Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is this constipation? What do I do?

Well, for the first 2 1/2 years of DD's life, we never had any digestive issues. No stomach bug, no diarrhea, no nothing. Last week, she had some diarrhea and she did NOT know how to handle that at all, and it was very upsetting for her.

Then today, she will randomly make a "grunting scream." The first time she did this, I thought she was having diarrhea again so I took her to the changing table, and she was just wet, but (TMI ahead... highlight between the *'s to see) * I saw a poop try to come out and then go back in.* I let her lay on the table for a minute to see if anything would happen, and then had her sit on her potty, and there was nothing. She made a few more grunty screams about 20 minutes apart, and finally did poop. I fed her a peach, too.

I just hate to have her hurting. Is there anything I can do next time to encourage her that if she goes ahead and lets the poop come out, that it'll stop hurting?

Advertisement

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this constipation? What do I do?

If the poop is hard then it's constipation. It would be nugget/pellet like. Chances are she's holding her poop since the diarrhea scared her. I would just giver her things that will help the poop stay soft, stay away from cheese, applesauce, rice, iron rich foods for a day or two and see how she does. DD has chronic constipation due to tethered cord syndrome so I know my poop!
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
dublinmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our ODD had consipation a lot until she was about 3 and pear juice always helped her, maybe try that? Hope your DD feels better soon!
dublinmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

The poop was normal this time. It has been strange all week though... she's been pooping w/ every diaper, but only a tiny bit, but it was never hard or anything.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Probably the diarrhea freaked her out. I would just keep an eye on her to make sure doesn't get constipated. Might be a good idea to cut back on anything that could cause issues though, at least for another week or so.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote