Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
TeganFlannery
Registered Users

Mini rant after a seizure scare with LO...

So my 12 month old DS had an unprovoked seizure at school Tuesday morning. We ended up at the ER and admitted for CT scans and an EEG. Everything was fine. Looks like it was a random event, and we're just waiting to see if it happens again

However, my MIL sent out a MASS EMAIL right after he was admitted to everyone in their extended family, plus some family friends to let them know. I know she did it because she cares, but she then proceeds to forward us everyone's flipping advice about why THEIR child had seizures and how THEIR child needed an elimination diet, and how THEIR child needed to stop taking children's Motrin because of the aspartame, and how THEIR child is now medicated, blah blah.

Do people forget that you really don't want or need advice??? That's why we're with the best Pediatric Neurologists. Because he had ONE, only one. And it was random. And it happens. If I wanted advice, I would have asked for it. Otherwise, my kid is being strapped down for a CT, and I'm holding his hand while he cries and telling him I love him and I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Sorry.

Other than that, if you're in Savannah, GA, and your kid has an emergency, Memorial Hospital did a GREAT job. The pediatric neuros were awesome.

Advertisement

TeganFlannery is offline   Reply With Quote