Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Should I get the BLW book?

I see it as a waste of time. Isn't the idea of baby led weaning that babies begin with table foods? So why would you prepare anything different from what you yourself are eating and cutting up the soft foods into small pieces?

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

The best perks for us through the BLW weaning process is how self sufficient my DS has become- he controls his food intake and I never worry if I am overfeeding him. He won't even let anyone feed him, he takes the food from them and puts it in his own mouth. He fine motor skills and pincher grasp developed very quickly. My food doesn't get cold while I am feeding him and we eat together as a family. Now at 11 months he is using a straw and working on a fork because he watches us use them. He was trying to figure out chopsticks at dinner last night. Too cute. Mostly, I never worried about him choking on anything (we have a dog that leaves dry food all over the floor and DS when through a phase of constantly putting it in his mouth and would always spit it back out because he couldn't chew it up).

Anyways, sorry if you didn't want my two cents but for our family BLW was such a good choice and even my reluctant DH is very happy we did it.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I see it as a waste of time. Isn't the idea of baby led weaning that babies begin with table foods? So why would you prepare anything different from what you yourself are eating and cutting up the soft foods into small pieces?
Some people stay very simple and do this and others get very excited about recipes and cooking things that are "BLW".

I agree that you don't NEED the cookbook or recipes but some people like doing it. For others who might eat alot of processed foods or high in salt the recipes help people makes foods that are healthier than what they eat normally.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinsTreasures View Post
Some people stay very simple and do this and others get very excited about recipes and cooking things that are "BLW".

I agree that you don't NEED the cookbook or recipes but some people like doing it. For others who might eat alot of processed foods or high in salt the recipes help people makes foods that are healthier than what they eat normally.
I can see that.

The baby and chopsticks was funny. My oldest could use chopsticks proficiently at the same time she mastered the fork and spoon. We went frequently to Chinese restaurants when she was small. Our waitress would get excited and call over the other waitresses. Sometimes they would even have kitchen staff come out to watch her. It was funny and at the same time annoying because the workers would hover around us just to watch her eat with chopsticks successfully.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I can see that.

The baby and chopsticks was funny. My oldest could use chopsticks proficiently at the same time she mastered the fork and spoon. We went frequently to Chinese restaurants when she was small. Our waitress would get excited and call over the other waitresses. Sometimes they would even have kitchen staff come out to watch her. It was funny and at the same time annoying because the workers would hover around us just to watch her eat with chopsticks successfully.
Well I didn't learn until college so I think he will have it mastered long before I did!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #16
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinsTreasures View Post
Well I didn't learn until college so I think he will have it mastered long before I did!
Yeah I didn't learn until she did. Then I figured I had best know at least as much as she did.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #17
mickeyy
Registered Users

following
mickeyy is offline   Reply With Quote