Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Starting solids w/ twins...

DP & I had talked about BLW this time around; we used purees w/ DD1. They're a few days from 6 mos. One is EBF, the other nearly so. They're interested in foods & grabby. But they are a little on the delayed side--they can grasp objects, but can't feed themselves, though they can guide my hand to their mouths if I'm holding food. I do, however find mysef super anxious at the idea of them choking. DP let one f the girls suck on a corner of a chunk of watermelon--which she chomped off & started choking on. They both had some banana tonigh & one chomped off a piece & started gagging. I'm terrified that w/ trying to feed two & keep DD1 from burning the house down while my attention is diverted, that one of them will really choke. I've always been unreasonably anxious about LOs choking, but these girls are ready to start solids & I don't know which is the best way to move forward--BLW or just go w/ purees, which they'd really only be on for a few mos anyway. Help!

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Starting solids w/ twins...

My mom started us off on bones. Chicken bones, beef bones. Mostly we got flavor and not much if anything else. It let us practice getting food to the mouth without worry about choking because no matter how sharp those little teeth are they cannot chomp off pieces of bone.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Starting solids w/ twins...

Almost all our meat s off-the-bone, but it sounds like a decent way to get littles practicing.