Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
amomma's Avatar
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,371
My Mood:
urine soaked strap...

My 5 month old is a super soaker. We went out for an hour this morning and she managed to soak the diaper, her clothes, the car seat cover and the crotch strap. I have washed everything but the crotch strap....what do I do with it?? It's not just damp, it is WET. IF I let it air dry won't it just smell? Help!!

Advertisement

__________________
Jaime, wife to T and momma to A and K
amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
CurlyQ215
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 388
Re: urine soaked strap...

Far from an expert, but I would suggest rinsing it really well with a vinegar/water solution and then letting it air dry or perhaps even dry in the sun. The vinegar smell won't stick around. She really is a super soaker - wow! I hope you find a diaper that can keep up with her :-)
CurlyQ215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,190
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyQ215
Far from an expert, but I would suggest rinsing it really well with a vinegar/water solution and then letting it air dry or perhaps even dry in the sun. The vinegar smell won't stick around. She really is a super soaker - wow! I hope you find a diaper that can keep up with her :-)
No vinegar.

Check your manual. Usually mild soap is ok but you need to check. Don't soak the straps in water either. Damp cloth. If it still stinks you can check on buying replacement straps.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense and with mywife Rachel,
our daughter Hailey (7) and our 4

ibotta with me and save money on groceries!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
CurlyQ215
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 388
Re: urine soaked strap...

If it's still stinky after mild soap, I would call the company and see what they allow, if you're not comfortable with an extremely mild vinegar solution. I've heard that Britax (for example) will okay different cleaning elements and essential oils if you ask them.
CurlyQ215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
amomma's Avatar
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,371
My Mood:
Re: urine soaked strap...

Thank you for the help! I tried calling Britax before I posted this, but gave up after being hold for 20 minutes. I am going to use some baby soap and a wash rag and hope that takes care of it
And yes, I need to find a diaper that will work for her! She is super short and super chunky so fitteds are just WAY too much on her. I would never be able to get pants on her with that combo! We are in pockets right now, maybe I just need to stuff them more
__________________
Jaime, wife to T and momma to A and K
amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: OR
Posts: 981
Re: urine soaked strap...

Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine.

I heard someone here recommend putting them in a ziploc with some baking soda and letting it sit for a bit. It sounds like a pretty good solution for here too.
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,190
My Mood:
It's ok if you wanna lay a prefold down under her booty to help keep the urine off the straps.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense and with mywife Rachel,
our daughter Hailey (7) and our 4

ibotta with me and save money on groceries!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
04liquidS's Avatar
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,121
Re: urine soaked strap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma View Post
Thank you for the help! I tried calling Britax before I posted this, but gave up after being hold for 20 minutes. I am going to use some baby soap and a wash rag and hope that takes care of it
And yes, I need to find a diaper that will work for her! She is super short and super chunky so fitteds are just WAY too much on her. I would never be able to get pants on her with that combo! We are in pockets right now, maybe I just need to stuff them more
No advice about cleaning the strap, but have you tried a hemp insert by itself or in addition to a microfiber insert in your pockets?
__________________
Maggie wife to Dom since 9/15/07.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
amomma's Avatar
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,371
My Mood:
Re: urine soaked strap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04liquidS View Post
No advice about cleaning the strap, but have you tried a hemp insert by itself or in addition to a microfiber insert in your pockets?
I sold all of my hemp inserts before she was born because DD1 wasn't a heavy wetter at all so we never used them. I am never getting rid of anything now....I will keep it all around because I never know what I will end up with!
__________________
Jaime, wife to T and momma to A and K
amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.