Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
austxmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Need help choosing convertible seat

Hello! I need help in choosing a convertible seat. DD is going to be 2 in a few weeks. She is currently 31 pounds and about to outgrow the Britax Blvd that was passed down from DS, which has a limit of 33 pounds. She is 34 inches tall and is 13.5 inches seated height from butt to shoulder. We would like to keep her RF for at least another year. We have a Scenera as a backup seat but I would like something more substantial for her main carseat. We have a 2002 VW Passat Wagon, so it does have limited amount of front to back space.

I would love to get another Britax, but since she already has barely any leg room now, I am not sure if we could go another year in one. I have been looking at the Myride or the Radians, but I am open for other suggestions. I don't want to spend more than $300. Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

austxmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help choosing convertible seat

Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Do you have a BRU and/or a Buy Buy Baby nearby?

Go try out:
Evenflo Triumph 65
Evenflo Momentum
Safety First Complete Air
Maxi-Cosi Pria
Graco MyRide
Diono Radian R100, R120, or RXT

The Myride won't have much more rfing leg room than the Britax seats (the new ones have slightly more than the one you have, or so I'm told).

I have a hard time recommending the Diono seats b/c of issues with the company, but if you do choose one, realize that the booster portion of those seats is basically worthless. It's a good convertible, so a fine choice for that. You will probably need an angle adjuster as well if you pick a Radian (purchase sep).

My fave rfing seat is the TrueFit, but if your LO is already 31lbs, I don't know that the 35lb rfing weight limit would be enough for your LO, so I didn't include it in the list.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwenyi View Post
Do you have a BRU and/or a Buy Buy Baby nearby?

Go try out:
Evenflo Triumph 65
Evenflo Momentum
Safety First Complete Air
Maxi-Cosi Pria
Graco MyRide
Diono Radian R100, R120, or RXT

The Myride won't have much more rfing leg room than the Britax seats (the new ones have slightly more than the one you have, or so I'm told).

I have a hard time recommending the Diono seats b/c of issues with the company, but if you do choose one, realize that the booster portion of those seats is basically worthless. It's a good convertible, so a fine choice for that. You will probably need an angle adjuster as well if you pick a Radian (purchase sep).

My fave rfing seat is the TrueFit, but if your LO is already 31lbs, I don't know that the 35lb rfing weight limit would be enough for your LO, so I didn't include it in the list.
This is a great list. We love love our Pria and really like our Triumph (depends on the car/fit). The pria is really easy to use/install. Our 2+ year old RF comfortably/no issues.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
austxmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies! I think we are going to get the Pria. I am going to BRU to check it out. If it works out I will order from albeebaby.com and use the 15% off coupon since it is not on sale anywhere.
austxmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

You can also try the Peg Perego convertible if you want more options.

And, I'd give the new Britax seats a try as well; they are a bit different than the one you have.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote