Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
TrueFit Headrest question

Poppy is rfing in a TF. We really like the seat. We anticipated her meeting the 22 lb weight limit for using the seat without the headrest but she hasn't gained any weight in 4mo We are seeking medical advice please don't worry. Basically I was wondering after reading the thread talking about using the head height to check for rearfacing and wondered if that is applicable in this case as well? If she is no where near the line for height limit without the headrest do we need to put it on when she reaches 22lb anyway? I am just more curious than anything why the headrest would be determined by weight? Maybe some CPSTs can fill me in. TIA

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
Poppy is rfing in a TF. We really like the seat. We anticipated her meeting the 22 lb weight limit for using the seat without the headrest but she hasn't gained any weight in 4mo We are seeking medical advice please don't worry. Basically I was wondering after reading the thread talking about using the head height to check for rearfacing and wondered if that is applicable in this case as well? If she is no where near the line for height limit without the headrest do we need to put it on when she reaches 22lb anyway? I am just more curious than anything why the headrest would be determined by weight? Maybe some CPSTs can fill me in. TIA
Hmm good question. I am a (new) tech but my thought is more weight ramping up the seat means her head may extend farther over the seat possibly hitting something.

ibotta with me and save money on groceries!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: TrueFit Headrest question

The headrest must go on when one of the limits is met, whichever comes first.

In a frontal collision, the seat will experience downward rotation. The child will ramp up in the seat. If the child's head is too close to the top of the seat their head it can strike the seat in front of it or a console, etc. The heavier the child in the seat is, the more downward rotation the seat will experience. The engineers behind the True Fit have determined that at either 22 lbs or when the child's head reaches a certain point is when the head rest must go on to properly protect the seat occupant.

I hope her weight gain gets back on track.