Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #71
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: cannibus (pot) for morning sickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller View Post

Kiliki It seems like you like to find topics that you don't agree with and be rude to people about it. I haven't been on DS for long at all but anything I've read that you have commented on has been just like this. this would be a topic that you know nothing about and you shouldn't comment on. Find something else to voice your opinion on. maybe I was off topic by a lot by some of the statements I made but I'm just hoping to let people know that marijuana isn't the same as other drugs and I surrround myself with pretty intelligent enlightened people and it just blows my mind to hear people address the subject the way some people on this thread have.
I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I was joking around. I'm sorry you took offense to it. sarcasm is my humor, I guess. I apologize sincerely.

I did already state before in this thread that I think a natural way of dealing with something would be better than using synthetic drugs.

Personally, I would be too afraid to use pot, just b/c I wouldn't want to lose my baby or be put in jail. But I don't see myself judging anyone who does use it. Am I?

I'm truly sorry if that's how I am coming across. Maybe I should just stay away from DS until I am done being pregnant. Maybe the hormones are making me mean or something... lol. I honestly wasn't trying to be.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #72
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

I'm just happy that someone linked the study I was reffering to that I read before I smoked during my pregnancy with my son it resonated with me I believe it to be true and that combined with things I've heard come from drs and midwives was.enough to make my mind up that it was safe.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #73
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

It sounded like you were mocking what I just said that's all.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #74
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycass

I agree that being wiped out is irresponsible parenting. But most mothers aren't sitting around getting "wiped out". If you know your tolerance level then you use marijuana as a pain reliever, for nausea, anxiety, etc... Just like a mother whose prescribed vicodin; she can choose to use it or abuse it.
Thank you, I in no way abuse it. I use it from time to time when my depression gets the best of me (postpartum and seasonal) and when I'm pregnant is one I have had HG with all my pregnancies including this one and believe it or not its the only thing that has eliminated my sickness. The moms and myself aren't getting stoned like "rock stars" I would never do that.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #75
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
It sounded like you were mocking what I just said that's all.
Well, I said "I am utterly amazed by how many people know people who smoke pot" .... that's actually what I meant. I am *actually* amazed. It's sincerely interesting/strange/different (dunno the right word) to me. Like, honestly, very different than anything I'm used to.

I wasn't mocking YOU, or anyone else. I was saying it's funny to me to consider how people would even know that about someone... How would that even come up in conversation?? (and I was laughing imagining the different scenarios)

Like a couple of other mamas pointed out, though, I guess some people would know of people in their teen/college years who do it and would just kind of keep around that crowd, and so would always know people who did it. That makes sense. That wasn't my experience growing up. But that does make sense as to how someone would know people (in the adult world/community) who are active users.

I think you are reading far too much into my little joking post. At the same time, I'm obviously offending people with my humor, so I guess it's time to re-evaluate myself.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #76
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Well, I said "I am utterly amazed by how many people know people who smoke pot" .... that's actually what I meant. I am *actually* amazed. It's sincerely interesting/strange/different (dunno the right word) to me. Like, honestly, very different than anything I'm used to.

I wasn't mocking YOU, or anyone else. I was saying it's funny to me to consider how people would even know that about someone... How would that even come up in conversation?? (and I was laughing imagining the different scenarios)

Like a couple of other mamas pointed out, though, I guess some people would know of people in their teen/college years who do it and would just kind of keep around that crowd, and so would always know people who did it. That makes sense. That wasn't my experience growing up. But that does make sense as to how someone would know people (in the adult world/community) who are active users.

I think you are reading far too much into my little joking post. At the same time, I'm obviously offending people with my humor, so I guess it's time to re-evaluate myself.
I wasn't offended. I was pretty amazed myself when I got thrust into it. It's not the norm for most of America.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #77
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
This is much of my issue with pot today. Many people like to think of it as pure and natural but most of it is laced with other things.
I've yet to come across laced pot. and I was a HEAVY pot smoker from about 13 years old. and there is high quality stuff in my area.

OP, I've read the study by Dr. Melanie Dreher and another by a male doctor whose name I don't remember. I have no issue with mothers who choose to ingest marijuana while pregnant and breastfeeding. I personally didn't because I was afraid of CPS...

anyway, most of the studies conducted in the US have huge issues such as multi drug users... women who use marijuana but also drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes or use other drugs. The other issue we have is with honesty. How many women who do use marijuana during pregnancy and BFing would be honest about it if asked? Probably not a ton, due to fear.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #78
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm just happy that someone linked the study I was reffering to that I read before I smoked during my pregnancy with my son it resonated with me I believe it to be true and that combined with things I've heard come from drs and midwives was.enough to make my mind up that it was safe.
Its one small study in a lifestyle no-one in America lives, I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #79
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't think you were mocking Ki
Old 02-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #80
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
I've yet to come across laced pot. and I was a HEAVY pot smoker from about 13 years old. and there is high quality stuff in my area.

OP, I've read the study by Dr. Melanie Dreher and another by a male doctor whose name I don't remember. I have no issue with mothers who choose to ingest marijuana while pregnant and breastfeeding. I personally didn't because I was afraid of CPS...

anyway, most of the studies conducted in the US have huge issues such as multi drug users... women who use marijuana but also drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes or use other drugs. The other issue we have is with honesty. How many women who do use marijuana during pregnancy and BFing would be honest about it if asked? Probably not a ton, due to fear.
This is an awesome point. I find a similar issue with alcohol use, they have found in recent studies that small amounts ( a glass a couple days a week, no binge drinking) has no affect on the fetus, but like with the MJ study, its still so new and a small sampling that its just not worth it to me (legalities aside).