Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #31
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help me fatten up my kiddo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
My dd has always been tiny. She was always on the low end of the chart but was on her own curve. Her dr was concerned at first but eventually he said she was fine. How old is she? My dd started "failing" to thrive when she was 3 mo. Dr said it wasn't to bad though. Told me to supp but I couldn't give her formula. She's almost 7 now and doing good. She's just a small kid!! She's 40lbs now and was 7lbs at birth
She's 18 months and 20 lbs.

Advertisement

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee
Okay, so I think she is drinking too much milk. How do I convince her to eat more so she drinks less?
I usually offer the milk after the meal. That way they aren't filling up on it and avoiding eating.

If it makes you feel any better, DD is incredibly petite, she's 18 months and just over 15 lbs. So far her doctor hasn't once suggested supplementing with anything.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ive been lurking. My dd was 19 lbs and 13 ozs at 18 months. Shes always been at around the 5th percentile. Both doctors havent said anything. They said as long as she eats healthy thats just her size. Me and my dh are short and skinny so shes normal for her family. I wouldnt worry.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #34
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is more than my DD weighed at 18 months, and my ped never even batted an eye.

She is 26 months now and maybe weighs 24lbs at most? She recently had a growth spurt but was 22.5lbs at her 2 year visit.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #35
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My daughter didn't weigh 20lbs until she was 24 months; the doctors was never concerned.
I was told that as long as she was developing physically, mentally, socially than she was obviously getting what she needed

Last edited by mmmom; 04-21-2013 at 11:56 AM.
mmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #36
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't worry to much unless a dr tell you to. My dd is 20 months & just hit 20 pounds. Her pedi is not concerned says she looks healthy & is developing normally
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #37
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
I agree. My oldest didn't hit 20 lbs until sometime after 2 and was still only 25 lbs when she started kindergarten! She is going to be 16 this summer and weighs 90lbs. She is just a small person.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #38
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama
I wouldn't worry to much unless a dr tell you to. My dd is 20 months & just hit 20 pounds. Her pedi is not concerned says she looks healthy & is developing normally
Same here. My little girl just hit 20lbs at 20m, we've never had any concerns about her weight.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #39
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Give her water during snacks and save milk for meals
this is what we do. I don't give her milk unless it's about 2 hours from the next meal or so. And then it's literally like 2 oz.

she gets water. And she doesn't have free access to her milk during meals. This was hard for me at first because I wouldn't drink either during the meal so that she wasn't feeling jilted. But, once she started eating better, I put her milk on the table. Then, when she asked for it, there were prerequisites. Such as, 'take a bite of meat first'.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
this is what we do. I don't give her milk unless it's about 2 hours from the next meal or so. And then it's literally like 2 oz.

she gets water. And she doesn't have free access to her milk during meals. This was hard for me at first because I wouldn't drink either during the meal so that she wasn't feeling jilted. But, once she started eating better, I put her milk on the table. Then, when she asked for it, there were prerequisites. Such as, 'take a bite of meat first'.
She had 3 bottles during the day yesterday, about 5 oz each. The problem is, she gets hungry, then wants a bottle because it's quick. Diversions to food are ineffective. I don't feed her right before a meal. Her first bottle is usually the one she goes down for a nap with, then one in the afternoon and evening. I just sat her down with a waffle, cream cheese and strawberries and she was not remotely interested. She's not quite at the bartering stage as far as taking a bite to get a drink. I usually give her tea or juice during the day and only a bottle of milk when she asks. I just don't know how to convince her to eat more and it's super frustrating.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote