Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #21
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

I start going every 2 weeks at 28 weeks

Advertisement

BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea when I start every 2wks, but I think I'll be requesting to push it back.

Blessed- yay for a good appt!!!

Wow! I can't believe you guys have held on to your ods's clothes for that long! lol I am freaking out about having to hold on to my ds's clothes for this boy! And there's only 2 yrs between them. I am not buying much for him since it will be hot as heck here and we have a nakey policy in summer. My kids are always naked in warm weather when we are at home. saves on laundry too!

Lynn- Whoot for the house!!! I see nesting in your future!! lol

Erica- it's supposed to rain all week here, and even some frost. boo!

Missy- fx that it all melts quickly and warm weather moves in !

Jennifer- GL with lessons today. I think that if we were further along with house projects my to do list would be a lot different. I still would purge and nest early on, but I'd be able to focus better on baby stuff. I think being at the end of the month and knowing that I'll likely go all the way to the end of 40wks, I can actually get some pool time in before baby comes. And yes, super nice about having the spare room downstairs for me and baby. I have a pnp with bassinet and the extra changing table should fit in there too. (it was free from dh's cousin, along with the crib and dresser) I'll still have to make a few trips a day upstairs, but nothing like I do now.

afm- groceries are put away, lunch has been done, dh is home from doing claims and mowing before the rain comes. ds is napping, and baby boy is kicking the crap outta me, lol. I don't think he likes the pants I'm wearing, as they are tight around the waist.
I have about an hour before nap is over so I'd better get moving!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah my mom is a shopaholic so I have boxes and boxes of clothes. I kept all of DS's (he's 6.5) they are in totes in the garage and the walk in attic. I had been going through all of his clothes and started selling them off right before we found out baby was a boy I did all of his bigger sizes. So I no longer have any size 5 clothes for Opidy but my mom will buy him more

And I figure "Opidy" will wear all the sleepers that DS wore. I'll go through the other clothes and decide if they are something that is still in style (how much can that change in 6.5 years). He'll also be needing some shirts vs all the onesies I had for DS. He's the first one that I will have in wool since newbie stage
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness,I got a box today from my mom, she got the cutest stuff! And it's so stinking tiny!!! so now I'm just about set on 0-3
My husband is home this week, so were getting some projects done He got the new job, gave his work 2 weeks notice and they told him to leave at one week, so here we are! It's nice having him around though <3
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #25
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What is "opidy" from Erica?

I don't know when I go for every 2 weeks. I'm hoping not until like... 34 weeks...

My attention span is shot lately hah.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #26
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First off - YAY I figured out multi quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Yea for being a little closer to babies

We have a contract to buy a house!! Thank you all for the prayers for us finding one. Now I am anxious to just get moved and settled into the new place. I'm excited but worried about how we'll fit all of our junk...total first world problem, huh?? I have been so busy figuring our house stuff that it is easy to *almost* forget that I am pregnant. My acid reflux and super-active baby girl remind me though ;-) I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am totally feeling this! We got our house but have not toured it yet so I don't have a firm idea on room layouts. But we see it Wed and get our keys so it will all work out. Our couches are big but we should have room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Os View Post
Well our budget passed so we can now put nursery furnature in what's supposed to be the baby nursery and we can install a special needs/ big kid nursery. I have to order everything this week for the baby room and get someone to do a few things over there and we will be done !
No progress on moving last week at all :-/ - very stressful

Potty training is going really well though.

Babysitting today, they're moving away in a month, I'm gonna miss them :-/

My husband is done with his school in June so I'm really hoping were moved by then so he can help out doing a few things before the baby comes.

Ah yea every week toward babies is so exciting!

I'm psyched my cousins wife is expecting too, people don't really have a lot if kids here nor do they usually stay here after their married so most people here our age are at very different points in their lives :-/
I am *so* scared of starting potty training! Everything I have read says don't do it during a move (which is happening) or before a baby (duh, happening)...so yeah. lol. When am I supposed to start, we can't wait forever! I think we are just going to get a potty chair and see what his level of interest is. And maybe some cloth trainers. Like I need an excuse to buy some cloth.

Boo for no progress on moving, but "yay" for ordering the nursery stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
we are pretty much set on clothes. I still have all of DS's clothes ... allbeit he was born in the Winter, so some seasons may be off.

By DH's bff is having a boy (any day now) and we'll be getting their outgrown clothes
If I were still living down South, the cloths/seasons from DS wouldn't match, but since we live in ND now, the end of August does actually get cooler, so I think we are set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
yeah my mom is a shopaholic so I have boxes and boxes of clothes. I kept all of DS's (he's 6.5) they are in totes in the garage and the walk in attic. I had been going through all of his clothes and started selling them off right before we found out baby was a boy I did all of his bigger sizes. So I no longer have any size 5 clothes for Opidy but my mom will buy him more

And I figure "Opidy" will wear all the sleepers that DS wore. I'll go through the other clothes and decide if they are something that is still in style (how much can that change in 6.5 years). He'll also be needing some shirts vs all the onesies I had for DS. He's the first one that I will have in wool since newbie stage
We saved all DS's cloths for the most part (the nice stuff) and only got rid of the stuff that one of my grandmother's likes to send (stuff she got on clearance AGES ago...she has a shopping addiction). I have them all in totes and labeled by size in each tote. It is the only thing I am organized with! Even if this baby is a girl we will most likely use a lot of our boy stuff at home. She won't care and neither do I!

AFM: Getting excited for getting our keys - only 1 day, 19 hours, 41 minutes. I may or may not have a countdown clock. Our budget is going to be tight for a few weeks so that sucks (we have to pay the deposit/rent the last week of the month, then turn around and pay rent again the next week!) but oh well, we have a house! I have *no* idea when we are doing our gender scan though, since that is $100 OOP and the budget is crap for a few weeks. Oh well, the longer we wait the better the images will be.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I read everything and should probably comment, but I am feeling lazy. I am really excited for the warmer weather this week, but it makes me realize that I really need to get my laundry room cleaned up and call the place to get my central air conditioning fixed. It died last year right before our temps started to dip, so I haven't had it fixed yet. Oops.

I have a lot of cotton sleepers from DS and a few small shirts, but I definitely need to find some t-shirts to go with soakers and longies. DS was the end of January, so it is pretty much the opposite of the beginning of August. I waddled back to Gymboree outlet this weekend to use my Gymbucks and found one 3-6m onesie for Dude. I bought the rest of the older kids' spring/summer wardrobe to add to what I got at the Hanna Outlet a few weeks ago. I think baby Gymboree and the polo shirts swing a bit too preppy for me

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
What is "opidy" from Erica?

I don't know when I go for every 2 weeks. I'm hoping not until like... 34 weeks...

My attention span is shot lately hah.
So when I first got Pregnant...dd touched my stomach and said "hope". Which of course made me break down and cry because I had "HOPE" that this baby would stick (previous losses). so we started calling baby "Hope". And then she got lazy and started calling baby "Hopidy".

She also calls soap Soapidy...

So when we found out baby was a boy she started calling him "Opidy" so it stuck.

That is not his name...just a nickname in utero. Since we don't give out their names until after they are born and the name is given to the bc people... (from a family of teachers it's a must to NOT tell the name due to "oh man I had a student with that name and he was horrible"... they have to live with it and suck it up )
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #29
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's the romper I made this weekend Just needs the snaps at the crotch and some custom made sailboat buttons

I also took a picture of the pants I finished last week.

Made it to go with this shirt...but it looks like the shirt may be too small Guess I'll have to make a nb pair of pants
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love them, Erica! <3 I need to start stalking some used FCOL shirts.

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote