Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #11
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I need this thread- I feel like I have 20,000 pyrex casserole dishes- but I don't know which ones to get rid of , we use all the smaller ones now, but i want to keep bigger ones around too for when family gets bigger.

I also have a habit of using every dish in my house when I make a meal. (Ok that came out as every fish in my house when i make a mess). .. i don't know why I feel I need six bowls, to get a casserole in the oven.

Advertisement

Last edited by saraley; 05-01-2014 at 12:37 PM.
saraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #12
mommabullfrog
Registered Users

Re: Kitchens - share your pics and offer some wisdom! :)

I did good today, ladies!!!

-4 of my 6 cookie sheets. I always use 6 for my "big Christmas baking day". 2 loaded with dough balls, 2 baking, 2 cooling. Well.. I'll just invest in parchment paper. lol. Duh.
-Brita filters and pitcher, since we never remember to use it anyway.
-4 glass bowls that really only function as a jelly bowl (little bowls on a pedestal thing). I bought them because I LOVED eating jelly out of individual pretty bowls at my grandma's as a kid. Well, my kids don't care yet... I'll make jello in my correlle bowls. lol.
-two vases (I kept 2 - one for a large bouquet, one for a small one, like a bud base).
-old crockpot. I keep two because there was this one time that I needed two... 6 years ago.
-wine corks (every time we drink wine, I save the cork. That project will never get done anyway. lol)

I just have to wait until we have some money for some good pyrex... my Tupperware/gladware is the next to go!
mommabullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I had an adult tantrum one day when I attempted to find a matching container and lid. I threw EVERYTHING out of the cabinet onto the floor (literally tossed it across the kitchen). Looked at DH and told him to throw it all out LOL. He put it in a garbage bag in the garage and after a couple of months we brought in a few, then a few more. We are now close to a year from that episode so whatever is left in that bag I'm going to sell on craigslist.

Other stuff that I had multiples of I just put half or some other amount of them in a box. Since I, of course, didn't need them for the most part after a few months those left too.

I find that the kitchen is especially prone to gathering things and needs attention every year or so.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #14
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh and for the Pyrex, we started with 2 sets of 3 (rectangular for better stacking, space saving). And then decided little by little if there was a size or something we found we used more of or were missing.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #15
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I got rid of a lot of things that were seasonal. Yes,at Christmas, it is nice to have Christmas dishes, but I felt silly keeping them for the once or twice I was using it, when I had other dishes that look nice, too.

As for Tupperware, I have 2 small bowls, 2 mediumish bowls, 2 small rectangles, 2 larger rectangles, and 2 loaf pan shaped Pyrex with lids, and that is it for storage. If those are full, then we eat leftovers the next day. We rarely use them all.

If I remember, I will come back and add to this, but I am out of time right now.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #16
Bexo
Registered Users
seller

Here's a pic of my kitchen. I agree - it's the hardest part of the house to keep minimalist!

~Mother to DS1 (7) DS2 (6) & DD (4) & DS3 (2) & due with baby #5 January 2016!
Bexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexo View Post
Here's a pic of my kitchen. I agree - it's the hardest part of the house to keep minimalist!

Love your kitchen!! We are starting to minimize everything and I need inspiration! Tupperware is one of our biggest problems. We both work full time so the smaller ones come in handy for taking lunch to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #18
Bexo
Registered Users
seller

Thank you!

Regarding tupperware, I store it in one cabinet. I found this system affordable and helpful. I just use 2 of these systems, and gave away all other tupperware...what's great about this is it's easy to stack, and even the lids stack together beautifully...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
~Mother to DS1 (7) DS2 (6) & DD (4) & DS3 (2) & due with baby #5 January 2016!
Bexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #19
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have 1 large stockpot with lid, 1 large sautee pan with lid, 1 large skillet, 1 9x13 pyrex, 1 8"sq pyrex, 1 springform round pan, 1 muffin tin, 1 mini muffin tin, 1 jelly roll pan. Lg roasting pan

1 of ea: spatula, pasta spoon, lg serving spoon, ice cream scoop, wisk, bowl scraper, measuring cup and spoon set, mango slicer

6 plates, bowls, cups, forks, spoons, knives (steak and butter). 3 mugs, 3 lidded straw kids cups.

Lunch things....3 refilable squeeze pouches, 3 small tupperware containers, 6 pul sandwhich bags

Tupperware...probably 10 misc sizes with lids

Appliances: ninja blender, toaster, lg and sm crock pot, single cup coffee machine, micro rice cooker, meat slicer for making jerky.

Ill snap a pic when the kids ate in bed.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote