Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #11
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Re: I just may need help.

I found I only use 3 cookbooks regularly and than the internet for other recipes but I have about 6 I tossed 3 a couple weeks ago.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #12
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I have never kept my cookbooks in my kitchen, even when I only owned 3 cookbooks. Too humid with fluctuating temps. They have completely filled the bookcase I allotted for them and then some. I culled 9 and now they fit easily.
If you got rid of 9 and the rest now fit easily in the space you have for them, then I'd say keep the rest....it sounds like you really do love and treasure them.

You might also consider monitoring how much you use/look at them over the next six months, too, just to see if there are others you might want to get rid of. One easy way of doing that would be to put a small post-it note on the inside of the cover of any cookbooks that you use. Then in 6 months, pull them all out and see which ones don't have post-it notes in them...those without the post-it notes would be more obvious candidates for purging--and you wouldn't feel as bad getting rid of them knowing that you haven't looked at them in the last 6 months.

HTH, mama. Enjoy your cookbooks! It's a great idea for a collection that I never would have thought of.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
If you got rid of 9 and the rest now fit easily in the space you have for them, then I'd say keep the rest....it sounds like you really do love and treasure them.

You might also consider monitoring how much you use/look at them over the next six months, too, just to see if there are others you might want to get rid of. One easy way of doing that would be to put a small post-it note on the inside of the cover of any cookbooks that you use. Then in 6 months, pull them all out and see which ones don't have post-it notes in them...those without the post-it notes would be more obvious candidates for purging--and you wouldn't feel as bad getting rid of them knowing that you haven't looked at them in the last 6 months.

HTH, mama. Enjoy your cookbooks! It's a great idea for a collection that I never would have thought of.
Great idea! I think I'll do just that. Thank you for the suggestion.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote