Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
juliefarnsworth87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our Moving Purge

We are moving to a new apartment the end of next week and I really want to take this opportunity to minimize the amount of stuff we have. All summer I have been having yard sales and Goodwill donation trips. I have sold or donated hundreds and hundreds of items so far.:huge grin:

The problem is I still feel like I have TO MUCH STUFF! I just don't want to move all of this! My daughter and I currently live with my mom and a lot of our stuff is boxed up in the garage. I want to have purges a majority before I get to the new place but I sort of feel like I can't without making a huge mess of the stuff in the garage. Any of you all wonderful ladies have any ideas about this? Should I just move all my stuff then look at everything in the privacy of my own home where I have room or pull it all out here and make more work for myself before the move? The other thing is I own a mini cooper so Im using a friends truck/trailer to move which I probably won't be able to use again just to take stuff to the dump or goodwill or what not. So doing it afterwards isn't the best option either

Advertisement

juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
lizxvx
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Our Moving Purge

What if you start with 2 empty boxes, one for keeping and one for donating and went through boxes one at a time. As you empty boxes from sorting then you have new boxes to pack up the things you want to keep/donate. Does that make sense? That way you don't have to go through it all at once if you can't and it keeps the mess contained. Anything if you are iffy about then you could just put in the keep box and sort through later when you have more time/space.
lizxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
juliefarnsworth87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our Moving Purge

I sort of ended up doing something like that. There is so much stuff that I just don't know. Lots and lots and lots of craft boxes.

ISO Freetimes in Girl colors- Sassy, Dazzle, Mirror Hummingbird, Bubble and more girly colors and any of the genius prints boy or girl NO Albert
juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote