Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1101
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the original biblical circ and the circ we do nowadays is VERY different. Biblical circ took a small amount of skin but the penis was still mostly covered, especially the glands. Modern circ cuts away far more and exposes more of the penis. So, technically, if you are trying to follow what you believe is the biblical way, you should study up on that! (and there was a reason they did it on the 8th day and not the day of or day after birth!)

We have one son that is and one son that isn't. I feel horrible about circing but I was totally uninformed and thought everyone did it! It did not go well and that's what led me to do more research!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #1102
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

burnsis - me too mama threads like that make my stomach hurt
Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #1103
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
just have to say that it makes me very sad that some people care more about protecting their precious cloth diapers over protecting their son from an unnecessary and painful procedure. you'd think that people who want to cloth diaper would be more into keeping things natural, kwim?

end rant.
Agreed, and god help the customer who asks this question during my cloth diaper orientation sessions. Protect the baby, not the diapers!

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #1104
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis
just have to say that it makes me very sad that some people care more about protecting their precious cloth diapers over protecting their son from an unnecessary and painful procedure. you'd think that people who want to cloth diaper would be more into keeping things natural, kwim?

end rant.
Totally agree and was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #1105
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Can't say how many times I have shared this thread, and how many times it has made people rethink their decision. I have at least two friends and a cousin who are no longer considering circ'ing.
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #1106
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post

end rant.
ugh. i agree!
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #1107
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the original biblical circ and the circ we do nowadays is VERY different. Biblical circ took a small amount of skin but the penis was still mostly covered, especially the glands. Modern circ cuts away far more and exposes more of the penis. So, technically, if you are trying to follow what you believe is the biblical way, you should study up on that! (and there was a reason they did it on the 8th day and not the day of or day after birth!)

We have one son that is and one son that isn't. I feel horrible about circing but I was totally uninformed and thought everyone did it! It did not go well and that's what led me to do more research!!!
This!! Great post!! In fact, from what I remember studying, the biblical circ was just a cut?

We are a non-circ'ng family but the idea of circ'ing because the Bible says so looks soo much different that what modern days circumcision looks like. Thanks for this.
Hi! I'm Dawn. Wife and no label mama to my men ages 20, 12, 8 and 4 years old.Catholic God seeker. Homeschooling mama. Part time STAT and PICC RN. College Student (again). Volunteer with the MORELove Project and Union Gospel Mission.
eguisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #1108
an_aurora
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea

Agreed, and god help the customer who asks this question during my cloth diaper orientation sessions. Protect the baby, not the diapers!
Hear hear!
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #1109
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Always living by this- if you wouldn't circumcise your daughter why would you circumcise your son? God please protect our sons.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #1110
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
why? because you can sell 1ml of liquid containing neonatal foreskin cells for almost $600. Money money money.
Sadly, I think this is the angle intactivists will have to take to move forward with any illegalization of male circumcision. Maybe a label law that requires beauty products to disclose exactly what is in it, and do it from a 'stem cell' background so it gets passed easily?

I can't imagine people will still want to use face creams if they know they're putting baby foreskins on them, and hopefully that will cause companies to stop using buying it.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote