Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
veggiegirl77
Registered Users

Re: Anyone have a three-year-old in dance classes?

So are the shoes at Payless not "real" ballet shoes? Do I need to go to a specialty dance store? What about ballet shoes on ebay?

Advertisement

veggiegirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

My dd is 2.5 and dances every sat. they don't have any req but they do have a recital. I would def check to see if they want certain colors and ways for their hair to be! GL and I am sure your dd will love it!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #13
Pam221
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the ones at payless are real , but alot of places sell these ballet looking slippers ,think bed slippers some have super grip on the bottem and some are super slippery . You wanna look for true ballet shoes with either a whole sole or split sole.If you have a few dance studios in your town you can all around and see if they can order your shoes in , and they can help you with sizing too , its reallly important to get the correct size for yoru kiddo for that day no sizing up . I have like 4-5 different pairs of ballet shoes that all fit differently on dif days , like if I had AF visiting I'd wear my wider ones to give a lil more comfort incase my feet fluffed a lil . Of course your 3 yr old wont have that issue lol . As for tap shoes if you want them , look for the ones with the elastics and get her a few tap ties ( they loop thru and hook so ny tying ) The most annoying part of my class was tying 15 pairs of shoes on wabbley giddy lil 3 -5 yr olds omg I thought I'd rip my hair out lol The tights you have for church might be ok , normally dance tights are thick enough you cant see thru them and thinner in the feet so they are comfty in shoes . Make sure you take her in her tights to be sized for shoes , that said , THERES NOTHING WORSE THAN FLYING TAP SHOES!!!!!! Mostly cause parents were too cheap and sized up to get a lil more wear outta shoes . Those things hurt ,leave bruises and black eyes and can also break skin . No dance teacher wants to call a mom mid class to come get their baby cause some other girls parents sized up and her shoe flung off and hit your kid and now she needs stitches ....lol ok rant off If you have any more Q's feel free to pm me
Pam221 is offline   Reply With Quote