Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
pigletmsu
Registered Users

Kids who thrive on routine

My DS just turned 4. He thrives on routine. If we skip a step in his bed time routine, he goes ballistic and refuses to goto sleep until we rectify the situation (ex: forget to give him his vitamin, brush his teeth, turn on his fan, etc.) If we are going somewhere and we go a different way than usual, he freaks.

Another example is previously I let my DS go downstairs and watch TV when he woke up in the morning since he woke up before the rest of us. I figured he was getting up around 7am instead of 8am when we get up. And then my baby was born and I was getting up at all hours to feed her and that's when I realized my DS was getting up anywhere between 5:30-7:30am. So I went out and bought him an alarm clock and told him he could wake up and play in his room, but he couldn't leave it until his alarm went off at 8am. I asked him the other day if he liked his alarm and he said yes. What person in their right mind LIKES an alarm??? He sets it himself every night. He THRIVES on his alarm clock.

I kinda think he's a little weird. But maybe there are other 4 year old kids out there who are routine driven like my DS.

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kids who thrive on routine

get "raising your spirited child" by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, there are so many of us out there you just don't even realize it
Old 12-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kids who thrive on routine

Except for the alarm that is my 4yr old DD 10000000% She has her own internal alarm up no later than 6:48am (for real) It doesn't bother me too much because I'm a morning person too.

It makes it very hard to do anything extra some days.

Erica