Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
BooBooKisses Momma
Banned
seller

the closer it gets, the worse they act

The closer it gets to Christmas, the worse the kids act. For the last few days they have fought at the drop of a hat, not listened to anything anyone says, won't clean their rooms, won't help by taking their toys/books/shoes upstairs. They keep doing dumb stuff like wearing shorts when its 20 dergrees out! Today there was a fight about gloves, because one boy has lost 2-3 pairs. And no one puts them into the basket I put in the closet for gloves/hats/scarfs. So one boy found gloves and laid them on his coat, and another boy took them, which caused a fight and someone had to go to church without gloves. Then there's a box of baseball cards that belonged to my stepson. They had another boys name on the box, so he was going around saying These are ALL mine. No one else's. Ugh. Now they have busted a hole in the celing of my daughters closet.

Advertisement

BooBooKisses Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the closer it gets, the worse they act

Hang in there. Are they having any consquences to their actions? we are a AP, gentle discipline family too, but it seems they need something to happen for their behavior.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just had that conversation with my mom an hour ago.

Why when you need cooperation the most do things fall apart. We pick up the living room before nap and before bed everyday. Last week both DD's (4yrs and 23mo) both did their part without asking it was sooooo nice. The last 2 days not only will they not play nice there is absolutely NO cooperation or listening

Our biggest consiquence is if mommy or daddy have to pick up toys they go to the garage and they have to earn them back.

Good luck 2 more days.

Erica
Old 12-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
BooBooKisses Momma
Banned
seller

yes, we have consequences.....but its not helping. Time out, time in their rooms, priveledges taken away, none of it works.
BooBooKisses Momma is offline   Reply With Quote