Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #11
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Someone Please tell me this is going to get better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom View Post
Thanks Mamas,

I just don't know what to do anymore. I just don't get it. I'm going to try to let him sleep in the crib today and see how that works. People tell me that because he's not getting enough and that I should give hima bottle or start him on solids but I'm not convinced. I'm definitely not going to wean him. I just don't know what else to do. It's hard to stay awake during the day when I also have a toddler to care for. I'm so tired and sleep deprived that I can't function anymore.
Mama. It WILL get better. I had tough times like this with 2 of my babies. DD was colicky- it took a long time (like the first year) for her to not be sooooo cranky and she never was a good sleeper- but she would do better co sleeping.
DS went through this phase when he was a couple months younger than your son. Dr said she thought it was seperation anxiety... it passed eventually but it was tough. Keeping him in a carrier a lot through the day helped a lot...

I personally would *try* a bottle one night to see if that helps, especially if he is nursing more than would be expected on a regular basis. If it doesn't help, you haven't lost anything. Even if it helped and you decided to do that nightly, you wouldn't have to wean. I have read some Mama's on here who gave their lo's a bottle each night so Daddy could feed them

Also, I think we underestimate babies sleeping preferences. My first ds was a crib sleeper all the way- didn't want to be in the bed with us, he couldn't sleep. DD was a big time co-sleeper and even at 4 she still likes to come to bed with us and would every night if I'd let her DS is 9 mos and he is a cross between. Sometimes he wants to be in bed with us, sometimes he wants to be on his own. He'll wake up in the middle of the night and come to bed with us and wake up a few hours later ready to go to his bed (I know, but you know, it's just his thing I guess...)

HTH Mama....

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

PMd you Jess.

Just for the record, his cry is an angry one. VERY ANGRY! Not scared, not pain, not uncomfortable. Just angry.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama. He doesn't fuss AT ALL during the day. He is actually an angel during the day. Its when the lights go out that all hell breaks loose. If he even feels that we're about to put him to sleep, he screams bloody murder! I can cradle him, wrap him and rock him and he's fighting me. I feel like I have to wrestle him every night to put him to sleep. It's just getting to be too much.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
littlemsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD does that all of the time lately. And it's due to her needing to go #2 and not relaxing enough to let it go. She's only BF'ed with no solids so you would think that it would be easy for her... (((Hugs))) Hopefully it will end soon and you are able to get some more sleep at night.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
sweetietooth
I *heart* fresh fluff.
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom View Post
Thanks mama. He doesn't fuss AT ALL during the day. He is actually an angel during the day. Its when the lights go out that all hell breaks loose. If he even feels that we're about to put him to sleep, he screams bloody murder! I can cradle him, wrap him and rock him and he's fighting me. I feel like I have to wrestle him every night to put him to sleep. It's just getting to be too much.
This sounds almost exactly what Freddie does when he is overtired. There have been a couple of times he's nearly thrown himself off me and onto the floor. When he acts like that I put him in the crib with his favorite blankie and shut the door. He used to cry for a few minutes but now he'll kick and fuss a little but then go to sleep. I know some other mamas will flame me for this, but I do have a very happy rested baby.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #16
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

When my son was about 6 months he went through a time where he woke every 45min-1hr. It just so happened to be the same time my parents were visiting and we were staying with them. They told me he's hungry...I need to feed him more! ugggg....it was not fun!!!!

He has only had one week in his whole life (he'll be a year on Saturday) that he slept more than 6+ hours in a row. It was blissful. Oh well.

He wakes a bit now. I try not to nurse him every time..but it's hard! I know he's not hungry. The little guy has 8 teeth....so I think that he's been teething a lot of this time.......he got 2 within the past week!

Wish I advice for you...expect...it must get better!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #17
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so last night I was firm in trying to let him CIO for a little bit. Not even 5 minutes after crying he was in my arms again. Anyway, I nursed him and rocked him to sleep and layed him down asleep. Well he slept 6 hours straight last night. He woke up at 7am to nurse and went straight back to sleep and just woke about 15 minutes ago. This is the most sleep I've gotten in months. Anyway I did nothing different than normal so I don't know what exactly happened.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #18
sweetietooth
I *heart* fresh fluff.
seller

for sleep! Maybe he could sense mama meant business last night.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #19
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so glad you go tsome sleep, I hope tonight he wants to sleep again, maybe he finaly tired himself out (:

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #20
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Someone Please tell me this is going to get better!! UPDATE POST 17!

I would also look again at your diet. I also had to cut out ALL dairy from my diet for DD. It was about the time she was starting cereal (6-7 months) and so I started using soy formula for her cereal or breast milk (I had replaced my dairy with soy) and then I found out she was allergic to soy as well. So, you never really know what can be the culprit. She was fine with the dairy up to that point, but it was like night and day when I stopped it.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote