Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use the Graco Infant SafeSeat (Step 1)

We started with a snugride and switched to a safeseat. We just switched her out of the safeseat to a convertible. I don't know why I shared that last part

I love the safeseat!! It's much better IMO than the snugride. Bigger, roomier, and the handle is nice for carrying. THe extended rubber is GREAT compared to the tiny handle grib on the snugride. DD is growing so slowly that we decided to switch to the safeseat since she'd be in it longer. We had to go to convertible b/c she was not liking the seat. She's happier in the convertible (she can look out the window). Again, not sure why I'm sharing irrelevant information!

Advertisement

HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
jlkhorn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieAnn79 View Post

one thing i wanted to point out however, is that I read that you are generally not suppossed to buckle a child/baby into a carseat with them wearing a winter coat /bulky coat..

Q57: Can my child wear a winter coat in their carseat?

Generally, no. For safety, the harness straps must remain tight on the child's shoulders regardless of any clothing. You can put a blanket over the child, OUTSIDE the harness straps or put your child's coat on backwards after they are in the seat. For infants in cold weather, an aftermarket "cozy" that zips over the infant carrier rather than fitting under the child is another solution
( www.car-safety.org )

Just want to clarify that ds doesn't wear a bulky coat but more of a jacket with a fleece lining. The hard part is working it around the straps because I don't zip it (bunches up by his face.) I was afraid that would get misinterpreted. I do cover him with blankets too but he does have to wear a coat. In northern Indiana the temperature doesn't get about freezing between November and March and often hovers around the big ZERO. I don't carry him in the bucket anymore so he would freeze getting in and out of the car with just a blanket. Also, he likes to keep his arms out and always pushes the blankets down, so if he didn't have a coat on his top half would be way too cold. Anyway, thanks for your concern and sharing that info. I just wanted to make sure you understood what I meant.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #13
Pam221
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We started with a SS! and I HATED it it was huge and bulky and didnt fit in any position correctly ( seat check said NONONO) in our sorento We got a snug ride and then a marathon , I actually had more room with a RF marathon behind my drivers seat than the SS1 .
Pam221 is offline   Reply With Quote