View Poll Results: Do you cosleep?
Yes 126 57.53%
No 55 25.11%
We used to. DD/DS now sleeps on his/her own. 51 23.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
kimpo76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you cosleep?

We had planned to have DD in the pack 'n play next to our bed, but she was a VERY unhappy newborn and being in between us in bed settled her down. We still put her in a Snuggle Nest because I was paranoid of suffocating her (I know it probably doesn't happen often, but I knew of two babies on another message board, not in my DDC, that died that way just within the first year I was on that site so it freaked me out). The Snuggle Nest actually worked out well because after a few months in that in our bed we moved it into the pack 'n play, and then in another few months moved it into her crib in her room, until we eventually took the Nest out all together. It was a good and easy transition for my DD who ended up being a really good sleeper.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #12
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, but we do the bassinet thing for the first few months.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #13
kristadms
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't co-sleep with my first DD, but she was formula fed. She DID sleep in my room though. My second DD wouldn't sleep unless she was sleeping on my chest, and since I was breastfeeding it just worked out better that way. When I started having issues with bfing and we decided to switch to formula, it was right around the time where she didn't really want to sleep on me anymore. She would only sleep on her belly (that was probably my fault for letting her sleep on my chest) so co-sleeping was definatally out for me! She went into the playpen, then a few weeks later into her own room in her crib, where she actually slept better.

I don't see anything wrong with co sleeping though, and it boggles my mind when others are against it. I personally loved cuddling with my DD at night, although it wouldn't work out in the long run because like a PP, I'm an uncomfortable sleeper as well. If I were still bfing, and didn't encourage stomach sleeping, she'd probably still be in our bed
kristadms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #14
MUHAJABAH
Registered Users
seller

Yes and my son is 14m.
MUHAJABAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #15
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes we have a family bed. We start off at night with our 2 1/2 yr old ds and our 1 yr old dd. I try to put dd in her own bed but she goes back and forth as she nurses. We often wake up to 5 in our bed + myself and dh. Usually by age 4 our children have slept in their own big boy or big girl bed but they still try to sleep with us if they can and they are usually knocked out of their position in our bed as a new baby arrives.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #16
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I coslept with my daughter for 2 months (neither of us were getting any sleep, so someone advised me to try her in her own bed and she slept through the night the very first night of being alone).

I coslept 1/2 the night with my son until he was about 5 months old. He would spend the first 4 hours in the bassinet (it was the "long" stretch of his sleep) then would wake up and I'd bring him into bed and he'd sleep with me for the rest of the night (and nurse off and on all night). I moved my DS into his crib when he outgrew the bassinet and like my daughter, he sleeps better and through the night in his own crib, but not with me. If he is in our bed, he's more interested in climbing all over us than sleeping lol.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I answered no, because typically we don't. I'm such a light sleeper that even having DD in the room keeps me awake. She was in our walk-in closet during her first five months in a bassinet (we kept the door open about 6 inches for air circulation) that way she was close enough that when she woke up I'd hear her and get up, but her every little noise didn't keep me up. She was SOOOO noisy those first few months! Then we moved and she had her own room.

That said, I have no problem having her in our bed. When she was little bitty we'd nurse in bed and then fall back asleep first thing in the morning, but she didn't spend the whole night there. She's slept with us on trips, and one of my favorite things to do is lay down with her in our bed at her bedtime and snuggle with her until she falls asleep, then I move her to her own bed.

I think she's one of those kids that overall sleeps better in her own space, where she can flop around freely
Old 12-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #18
RetroBaby
Witty title here
seller

My Mood:

Yes, we co-sleep. DS1 didn't (he preferred his own space, we kept him awake), but DD did from birth and on her 3rd birthday she decided she would sleep in her own bed and she did from that day on. DS2 is now in our bed and I love it. So cozy and easy to nurse him.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #19
ilovemyfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted for 2. I cosleep now with my ds and I did with my other 3 as well. My twins I slept with off and on, since there were 2 our full sized bed just wasn't big enough. We switched them out between their crib and our bed when they needed to nurse. Our now 3yo slept in our bed much much more, almost none in her crib. She slept in her crib so little that dh didn't want to put up the crib for our newest LO. He does sleep in there for naps and such though (and a night sometimes).
Old 12-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #20
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have coslept with all 3. DD1 (6) coslept from birth until about a year ago. DS (3) starts in his toddler bed, which is next to our bed, and usually ends up in our bed. DD2 is 5 months old so she will be in our bed for a while.

We plan to work on transitioning DS to his own room in the next couple of weeks because it's just getting too crowded. We'll keep the toddler bed in our room for when he needs to visit at night.